Spooky Chat 10/31-11/06

A place to talk about all things non-scrapbooking related.

Spooky Chat 10/31-11/06

Postby Funky Fairy » Oct 31st, '16, 6:55 am

Hello Ladies!!
How are you all today?
What's happening where you are?

It's a lovely sunny Monday morning. Blue skies and orange trees from my window.
The kids are off school again. It's a teachers training day. They've just had another week off school. Can't see why the teachers can't have their training day then???!!!

I've had a dr appointment with Hollie this morning and we are going in to town after her driving lesson to collect her new glasses.

I've made another attempt of soup in the new soup maker. The first 2 weren't quite right.
I'm just going for a try..........

.....Oh wow!! Third time lucky!! This one is so perfect.
It sounds odd, but it's roast dinner soup :D
I started off throwing in brocolli and cauli and cheese, then I had some roast parsnips and potatoes left over from last nights roast dinner.
It's so good and a really nice consistency.

I plan to scrap another LO at some time today with my November kit.

Thank you for your kind words yesterday Terry and Denise.
I almost deleted my post after typing it. I hate moaning here.
I think my main concerns are the lack of respect at the moment. It's really bothering me.
Thank you for sharing your own stories. It did really help.

Anyway new day, new week...all positive right :D
Have a great Monday.
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Re: Spooky Chat 10/31-11/06

Postby kaffekananna » Oct 31st, '16, 7:37 am

Mm that sounds nice Lisa! Both the soul and scrap plans. And I think it's okay to moan, having kids is both fun and a lot of hard work! Our mantra is "this too shall pass" some days it makes me sad and some days it's a relief. Right now it's making me sad.

We're having a quite week at work, there's a school break so a lot of kids are at home. So we're doing what we can to give the remaining kids a really cozy and fun week!

Looking forward to the planner class starting tonight! Last week was a bit dry creative wise and I hope to change that this week. I know it might sound cliche but I really need to create to keep my anxiety in check, especially during these dark months to come. Planning and scrapping is sort of my sunshine.
kaffekananna
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby TerryB » Oct 31st, '16, 11:24 am

Sometimes you just need to grumble Lisa. We're here to listen!

You know that mode you get into before you go away on vacation. The one where you want your house clean, and everything in order. That's how I feel today. Chris has the embolization of the tumor tomorrow, and the surgery Wednesday, so I am feeling like I need to get stuff done as I will be at the hospital most of the week. Of course Brad and Mikey will be home to mess things up, so I'm trying not to get too crazy!

Other than that it's a beautiful day here today. Clear skies, sun is shining and the air is cool. Perfect! :)

Happy Halloween Daisies!
TerryB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AnnaB » Nov 1st, '16, 9:19 am

I hope everything goes well today and tomorrow Terry!

School break here this week. I was supposed to work Mon-Wed, but is instead at home - as is the rest of the family too. Thus... not as quiet around the house as last week... but not having to rush the kids to daycare/school in the mornings is the big plus. I'm seeing the Dr again on Thursday, and then we'll what will happen next week.

I've been doing some drawing lately (signed up for an online class, to boost the creativity), and I've made a couple of cards too. But no proper scrapping has been happening for a while. I miss it and I hope I will find the right inspiration some time soon.

I hope you'll enjoy the planner class Anna!

Yay on the yummy soup Lisa! :)
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Nov 1st, '16, 3:48 pm

Hey!!

Terry, how's he doing?
I'm thinking of you all and wishing you well for tomorrow.
Did you get your chores all done?
Funny how we go in to that mode.

Anna, I hope you enjoy your time this week.
Yay for your taking the class. That horse drawing you did was amazing!!

Anna, wise words. Yes those phases do pass. You are right. Just with Louis it's from one phase and straight in to the next. Always has been. No chance to even draw breath :D

It's been a good day here.
I got up early to start work. I always feel better during the day when I do that.
I've got lots of work done and I've just filmed a CD video which I will try and get up tomorrow.

It's pjs time now and work in the lounge.
Hope you've had a good day.
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby carolynhasacat » Nov 1st, '16, 7:58 pm

Terry, sending good thoughts for a speedy recovery for Chris.
carolynhasacat
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby TerryB » Nov 1st, '16, 9:10 pm

Thank you gals. Chris did great today. The surgery is tomorrow (Wednesday) morning. We'll take all the positive thoughts and prayers you can send our way.
I'm anxious. I think my anxiety has anxiety! I know Chris will be ok though. I really do. God is good, and I am leaning on Him all I can. :)
TerryB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Nov 2nd, '16, 3:59 am

Good to hear from you Terry.
I'm glad that stage 1 has gone well.
Keep us posted :)

A sunny one here and the tress are going so orange.

I got up early to get my sketch video edited and uploaded. It seems to be taking forever to uplaod to YouTube now.
I'm just about to upload my CD gallery now too.
Plus I have a chili in the crock.
And it's not even 9am :)

Have a productive morning ladies x
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby seemownay » Nov 2nd, '16, 9:52 am

Terry, I hope everything goes well with Chris's surgery. I'm thinking of you all!

Lisa, sounds like a good start to the day! How the rest is going to be just as good! We had Chicken Burrito Bowl from the crockpot yesterday, so yummy.

AnnaB, sounds like you need to take care of your body, mind and soul das get better! Hope the art is helping you with that.

I'm good - I dabble in all of my projects and really enjoy them as well. I'm trying not to neglect housework, but it is so much fun to be creative. I finished a quilt for Micha on Monday that I wanted to give him as a Christmas gift 2 years ago. If you want to see it - I posted it on Instagram and on my blog.

Today I am continuing filming part of my December Daily preparation. I'm really curious to see if I can make a nice video out of the clips.

Only three more days to go till the weekend. Yay!
seemownay
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Instagram

Postby SuzMannecke » Nov 2nd, '16, 11:45 am

Lisa! I am catching up a bit here - so feel I have missed a bit of the story, but I do look forward to seeing Holly in her new set of spectacles! :)

Terry - continued prayers for full healing for Chris.

Anna - enjoy your break! I hope you will share your drawings here with all of us!
@seemonoway -- I bet that quilt will be much loved. Enjoy your DD preparation!

I finished a DITL layout this morning and will try and get it uploaded to my gallery today.
My 84 year-old dad has been visiting since Sunday evening and leaves tomorrow, so I have been trying to soak up as much time as possible with him while I can.
SuzMannecke
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby seemownay » Nov 2nd, '16, 1:56 pm

Yes, make the memories while you can! So great that you get to spend time with your dad!
seemownay
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Instagram

Postby TerryB » Nov 2nd, '16, 5:02 pm

Just checking in to let you all know he is doing well. It was a 6 hour surgery, and the tumor was 3x2" when they removed it. Probably 3x5" before it was embolized! Can you imagine? It eroded some of the bone in the eye socket, and was growing into his throat. He is resting now, but wanted to know where his phone was! Thank you for all the good thoughts and prayers!
TerryB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby SuzMannecke » Nov 2nd, '16, 5:42 pm

Oh my, Terry?! That is crazy how large the tumor was. So happy to read it didn't affect his eyesight adversely. Praying for a speedy and full recovery.
SuzMannecke
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby Funky Fairy » Nov 3rd, '16, 6:49 am

Hi Ladies,

Thank you for the update Terry. We are all thinking of of you.
Wow. That sounds scary hearing you talk about it like that. But the surgeons are happy with everything?
I like that he wanted to know where he phone is. :D That sounds so familiar.
I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Lovely to see you here Suz.
How is your Dad doing? I'm so happy that he's been for a visit. I hope you have a lovely time together.

I need to check out your quilt Simone.

It's so chilly here. Almost hit freezing this morning. It's sunny though, just cold.
I've been catching up with stuff at my desk today.
I've just done a CD giveaway on IG. I had some doubles, seems a shame for them to just sit in a box and not be used.

I have chicken marinating in a piri piri sauce that I whizzed down this morning and potatoes are prepped ready to be turned in to Bombay potatoes.

Here are Hollie's new specs (we had coffee after)

Tonight is the only night this week with nothing going on after school. It's just been so crazy lately.

Have good day.
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby AnnaB » Nov 3rd, '16, 2:22 pm

Terry - so glad to hear things went well. It sounds so scary when you describe it. I'm thinking of you, hoping that it continues in a positive direction!

Lisa - I love Hollies new glasses. She is so pretty!

And thank you for the comment about the horse drawing, Lisa. It's so good to draw, draw, draw... and amongst all those not-so-pretty-drawings, every now and then, something that I actually do like emerges... :D I hope to get more drawing done next week.

I went to see the Dr again today and will be staying at home during the rest of this month. It feels weird and it's frustrating, but I realize that I do need to take care of myself. I just hope I'll be back on track again as soon as possible. This week has had lots of ups and downs with the family at home. After a couple of good days this has been a pretty exhausting day. I am kind of looking forward to some alone-time next week. 8)

But before that... we're celebrating J's birthday this weekend. Nothing big, but still... food is to be made and the house should be cleaned. ::)

The weather - it's freezing tonigth! Brrrrr! And the darkness....! We turned our clocks back this past weekend, and it's so dark in the afternoons/evenings now! I feel like going to bed at 5 pm, because my entire body thinks it's already late.
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Nov 3rd, '16, 4:13 pm

Anna, so good to see you lovely!!

I'm glad you are taking care of yourself and listening to your body. It's so important.
A week alone sounds perfect.
Sorry today has been hard work.
Happy Birthday to J this weekend. Enjoy the yummy food.
Yes, our clocks changed at the weekend too and it suddenly got cold here last night.
It's feel like Winter.

I guess I should go and remind Louis to get to bed.
Can you believe at almost 15 he woke me at 1am shouting 'Mum' from his bed. ''I need a drink'.
I asked him if he was 6!!
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby DeniseM » Nov 4th, '16, 10:12 am

oh my gosh how did friday get here already?? I missed a whole weeks worth of chat!!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Nov 4th, '16, 10:22 am

something is wrong with my computer and it doesn't let me return, did it again. This will just be a rambler girls. no paragraphs since I can't make them! Terry I cannot believe the size of that tumor. so so happy that it didn't effect his eye sight. I am glad he is doing okay, it must still be worrying and I know you are probably so anxious to get him home into his own bed. Thinking of you all Terry!! Anna I am glad you will be able to take the rest of the month to rest and get your energy back up. a quiet week with everyone at work or school besides you sounds like a little bit of heaven!! This is so annoying that I can't start a new paragraph. goodness, what in the world? +++++ that's what I will do. Lisa, Hollie is so pretty. I love her new glasses. Are you getting excited for Christmas? I know how you love the decorating!!++++++Suz I hope your time with your Dad was really special.++++I have had a crazy week but it's been okay. I have hiked every morning so far and that has helped. Early to bed though, can't keep my eyes open past 8:30!! I have lots going on this weekend and was really hoping to just chill and do nothing. I am so looking forward to the week of Christmas so that I can just not work for more than 2 days! I definitely need a break. +++++ Can't wait for this election to be over as well. I can't stand it anymore! ++++++Okay ladies, off to work. Have a great day!!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Nov 4th, '16, 1:07 pm

Denise. Your crazy PC!! Hopefully it's just having a funny turn and will fix itself.
Have you got lots planned this weekend?
When's Jameson coming home?

The election talk is driving us mad too and we live nowhere near the US.
What we find hard over here is the drama of it all.
It's just so different from here.
Over here it's all about making the other person look bad, don't get me wrong, that's the same. But not on a personal level. It's still kept professional. Personal matters don't come in to it.
That's what I find hard going with your politics at times.
To me it's like watching a Jerry Springer Show. I just can't take anyone seriously. It's just nor professional enough for me.
The kids love it and find it hilarious. They follow them on IG and Twitter for the 'banter' as they say.
Surely world leaders of any kind shouldn't behave in this way though???
Like I say, I just find it very odd.
Our's must seem so boring to you :D

I need to fix some dinner.
Just got Louis in from Drama and Hollie is just being taken to work by Ade.
One of those 'in and out' days/evenings.

Terry, how's Chris today?
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby TerryB » Nov 4th, '16, 6:52 pm

Trust me Lisa, this is the most bizarre election I have ever experienced. I keep thinking the government is playing a joke on us!

Chris had a rough couple days, but we finally got some solid food in him tonight, and he went for a short walk down the hall. The pain med really knocks him out, and he hates feeling so tired. I'm crossing my fingers we get to bring him home this weekend.
TerryB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Next

Return to The Day to Day Talk