Come & Chat - 09/26-10/02

A place to talk about all things non-scrapbooking related.

Come & Chat - 09/26-10/02

Postby Funky Fairy » Sep 26th, '16, 7:12 am

It's almost October!!!

How are you all?
Good weekend?

Sorry for not being around really over the weekend.
It just came and went.
Footy took up most of Saturday as it was a mid morning away match.
We played taxi to Hollie later on and yesterday we were at my sister's all day as it was our Niece's 8th birthday.
I'm sooooo tired and we have such a busy week.

Hollie is working til 10pm tonight and Louis has footy,
Hollie has the stupid school freshers party tonight. Does my head in!!
Schools try and be cool and do the American thing.
But they aren't a college, it's a school and our schools don't do all the cool stuff like in the US. Everything is kind of done half heartedly.
So tomorrow she's out til 1am.....on a school night :o So we are playing taxi again.
She has another party Friday night and an early breakfast shift Sunday and we are off to Wembley Sunday to watch the Colts vs Miami Dolphins...which I really can't be bothered with :(

My head really hurts today.
I think the weather is really heavy.

What are you up to?
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Re: Come & Chat - 09/26-10/02

Postby Scrappin' Kathy » Sep 26th, '16, 8:39 am

I had a good weekend. On Friday, I flew from Baltimore to Phoenix to visit with my son and grandkids while my daughter-in-law is on a cruise. On Saturday, we watched my college team on TV with the sister and son (who are also fans). My niece came with her 2-year old so the little ones had fun together. We then went to my grandson's football game while my sister watched my granddaughter (because like you Lisa she's not a fan).

On Sunday, we took all to Butterfly World so that was fun. Watched more football after wards.

Since I live alone, it is so different being here with so many people.
Scrappin' Kathy
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Sep 26th, '16, 10:21 am

hope your head gets better Lisa.
Hello Kathy!

I was crazy this weekend to.
its a zinger today as well, just popping in to say hello.
working, scrapping and feeling like a hot mess as usual. :)
have a good day ladies!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby seemownay » Sep 26th, '16, 11:09 am

Hey you all,

Lisa, that sounds like your weekend was nice - busy but nice. I really enjoy sitting at my sons' games. Well, I can't speak for English schools, but in Germany they only had one dance which was the graduation dance where parents were invited too. Here, they start in middle school with a 6th grade social ... it is this Friday. And I make Linus go.
What is it you work? Your own kit club? Or even more? Hope you get some fresh air breaks in between.

And Kathy, sounds like you have a great time with your family! How long are you going to stay? Enjoy every minute of it!

Denise, I saw your post on instagram last night. I know there is a DT call but I just somehow assumed that new members would be added. I will miss you and your layouts! I hope you will still come to the forums though!

We are getting lights in our closets today and as much as I love seeing what is in there. I hate being stuck at home and having to change my plans. Mondays is for grocery shopping in the mornings without kids. Now I will have to go this afternoon, with kids in tow. Not so great. Add on top the construction site across the street with constant rattling and hammering sounds. Oh, well ... I'm not good at adjusting my plans to the circumstances ...
seemownay
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Instagram

Postby TerryB » Sep 26th, '16, 11:50 am

Hello Daisies.

I had a ton of blood work drawn this morning. I should have taken a picture of all the vials! I don't like getting it done, but I don't get queasy or light headed. How about you guys?

So the presidential debates are on tonight. The guys are all excited about watching. They've even invited a few friends over, and are planning to order a pizza. I guess I should watch, although I can't say I'm excited about it.

Denise....I saw on Instagram that you are scrapping with your last kit. I'm bummed, as I always look forward to seeing your work in the gallery. I hope you will continue to add your projects, and visit the board. It wouldn't be the same without you.

Simone...I remember how nice it was to finally grocery shop without kids! Taking all three of them was such a production, although they were pretty well behaved. I'd bribe them with a pizza!

Kathy...Glad you're enjoying your family visit!

Lisa...I hope your headache goes away soon. I so sympathize with you. And I feel the same way about football. I live in the middle of Buffalo Bill zone, but I've never really gotten much into it. So much fun for the people that do though!

Toodles for now!
TerryB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby cathioneill » Sep 27th, '16, 5:12 am

Lisa, my daughter is home with a bad cold with sinus headache, I had same thing last week and she is kindly giving it back to me :( I hope your headache is gone now

Denise, nooooo, you can't be leaving, I really enjoy everyone's takes with the kits and will miss yours!

Trying and struggling this month to start losing weight...it is so easy to lose focus!! I need some help!! I wish I didn't love food so much lol!

SO excited for the release tomorrow, but since I am not getting the planner kit just the add on kit sub these days, I won't be able to order early. I have been loving the DITL for a while, so maybe I should subscribe to that!!
cathioneill
Daisy
Daisy

Instagram

Postby kaffekananna » Sep 27th, '16, 6:05 am

Just popping in quickly to say hi during lunch break! Found my knitting project yesterday so i will dig into that <3 the pattern is inspired by the cardigan The Dude has in The big Lebowski. Only have half of the front and the arms left!

Terry I used to donate blood before and forgot those horrid pills you were supposed to take. Perhaps that's why I got a bit anemic while pregnant XD haha Still breastfeed so not allowed to donate at the time being.

Am I the only one actually enjoying grocery shopping with kids? It can be a mess sometimes but I feel like we've come such a long way! Frank is actually quite helpful these days <3 we used to have a few battles like passing by yoghurts and doughnuts and some other items. Now he's happy if he gets a slice of ham when we pass by the meat section XD I think they recognize him by now as the kid who loves ham! Haha

Now I need to start knitting before going back out! It's a calm day thankfully today.
kaffekananna
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby seemownay » Sep 27th, '16, 12:59 pm

Oh, I'm sorry Cathy, hope your daughter gets better and you won't get sick again!

I'm sitting here at my computer wasting time. I did some paper work and organizational stuff. Then I got totally scared because it suddenly smelled like fire. I searched the house, went outside and checked the roof, but nothing. We have a wildfire in the mountains right now - so I wasn't sure if I was able to smell that ... but then it was weird because I would only smell it on one side of the house. We are very close to the university garden, so maybe they burned something.

It for sure, threw me off track.

AnnaKaffee, I haven't touched my knitting since I moved here. I don't know why, because I love knitting socks and wearing them.

It's only Tuesday ... I feel more like Thursday. And would love to know that only one more alarm needs to go off until the weekend. Phew.
seemownay
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Instagram

Postby seemownay » Sep 27th, '16, 1:03 pm

Oh, and yes: you are definitely a rare parent enjoying grocery shopping with your kids. My boys always fight who is pushing the cart, then if you touch it, they start arguing ... no fun at all. If I take only one, it is great, but more than one: no thank you.
seemownay
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Instagram

Postby DeniseM » Sep 27th, '16, 8:39 pm

Simone I agree it feels like it's been a long week already and it's only tuesday. :P
Anna when you are done with the sweater I definitely want to see! I would love to learn to knit. It is on my list.
Terry I know so many people that had debate watching parties last night! Why did you have blood drawn Terry? Hope everything is okay!
Cath I am really trying to lose some weight to. It is harder the older you get. I exercise and eat right but eat too much. It's hard to restrict my calories, I get so hungry!! good luck with trying.

Thank you so much for your sweet words ladies. I will definitely still be around! I much prefer the message board to FB so I will be around. :)

I need to work on the lift me up tonight. Must get scrapping!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Sep 27th, '16, 9:00 pm

Oh and I was wondering if anyone might be interested in a Christmas ATC swap again this year??

It is one of the highlights of my holiday preparations and I really love doing it. We can start an informal list. Let me know if you want to join. :)
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby jjflair » Sep 27th, '16, 9:21 pm

I am with you ladies, that it feels like Thursday, not Tuesday!! Ugh!! I'm not sure why, but it sure does!!

Yes, Denise, I about freaked when I read that Oct. is your last kit. :'( But, at the same time I understand how hard you work, and the changes at home with the boys grown, and other things to do and try in this life!! I'm very thankful to know you and call you my friend. You have given me so much inspiration over the years, and so much thoughtful, intelligent conversation, and gobs of silliness and laughs. Please don't stray! And a whooping YES!!!! to the ATC swap--that is one of my favorite parts of the Winter holidays. :) :-*

Oh, the grocery shopping with littles!! I still enjoy going to the market by myself. With small "helpers" it just takes so much longer, and with my big helper (Mike) it is too rushed and prices aren't compared and bruised bananas are carelessly chosen. *sigh*. Mike mostly goes on his own these days; a carry over from when I was working late at a psychologist's office and he would have dinner ready when I came home. See? I have no room to complain.

So, Terry, hope you are ok with all the blood drawn!! It's a little early for Halloween tricks! (Trying to make light, but actually concerned!)

Lisa, hope your head is feeling better. That is crazy for Hollie to have such a late function on a school night! I adore your new sofas, by the way. They have me window shopping. :)

I plan on being here for Reveal tomorrow. Do you know if it will be the "usual" message board fiesta?
jjflair
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby LauraC » Sep 28th, '16, 7:52 am

Hi everyone!!!!! No I have not fallen off a cliff. I generally work 10 hours or so overtime during the week and my weekends have been so full! We just returned from Girls' Weekend on Mackinac Island and it was BEAUTIFUL and such a fantastic 3 days away.

Life here at the law job just keeps getting busier and busier. Many of our matters are in the news quite frequently and we keep gaining more work. That's a good thing but my head is swirling by the time I get home at night.

In order to keep up the activity and to help set off the stress, I have started walking a 10 item bucket list with a friend. We started in early August and should finish mid-October. We have found ourselves on the North Country Trail 7 out of the 8 past walking trips. Quite unintentionally but have thoroughly enjoyed our adventures and exploring the walking trails within 30-40 miles from our homes. I have an album on my Facebook page of the pictures if anyone is friends with me there. I have so many ideas rolling through my head on how to do an album with the photos and the stories from these weeks of walking adventures.

I took a class a few weeks ago up at Houghton Lake at a big craft store there - Arnie's Arts & Crafts. It was assembling a mini album from scratch. I've always wanted to make one of the albums and now I know how! It is turning out beautiful. Of course, in the time period we had, it was the bare bones of the album and now it's adding the pictures and embellishments. Once it's completed, I'll upload some photos.

I had to come back to say hello! I too saw Denise's post on Instagram about her last Cocoa Daisy kit. I realized how much I missed you guys! And knew I just need to take some time and check in more often!

Waving! I have been using up some old Cocoa Daisy kits - I'm hoping to use up more kits and get out of my hiatus!!!!
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby LauraC » Sep 28th, '16, 7:53 am

Oh oh oh - I MUST SIGN UP FOR THE ATC EXCHANGE! I love doing this!
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby jbonomo » Sep 28th, '16, 10:12 am

Denise: I too, was freaked out to hear that you were working on your last kit (thanks to Laura for letting me know as I'm not on Instagram) but understand how life has a way of overwhelming one especially you with your long physically demanding job, taking care of your boys, fitting in time for DT work and trying to carve out a little time for yourself. Glad you will still be around!

Count me in on your ATC swap! It was so much fun last year.

On the topic of grocery shopping or the Farmers' Market.....when I send hubs I draw him a layout of the store or FM with exact locations of items/vendors or I do not get the correct items (I often wonder if he does this on purpose as he hates to go). BTW, I love to see fathers wrestling with kids grocery shopping; it is pretty darn cute to see them giving wifey a break especially when it is an overloaded cart and the kids are having fun.

Hope everything is fine, Terry.....hope you will let us know. Anna, can't wait to see your sweater (the DITL card in Oct sneaks will be right up your alley). Lisa, hope your head is better today.

Laura, kudos to you for all the walking! You look like you left many a pound on the trails at the same time enjoying the beauty and good convos. Can't wait to see your mini album.

Like Laura, work has been crazy busy with low interest rates heading into an election year. Taking advantage of it as work will come to a screaming halt when rates go up. On the personal front, we have been taking a number of trips this year with the last one booked yesterday to the Blue Ridge Parkway and hopefully see fall colors Oct 28-Nov 2. We started taking an annual bike trip with nephew/son a couple years ago so this year will be a quick zip through the Parkway and head to Travelers' Rest for a couple of days of biking at George Hincapie's place (so we'll feel like we're in Europe but don't have to get on an international flight ;-))

Miss you guys and will try to do a better job of checking in. Will miss Reveal as hubby signed me up for a FBI meeting tonight (he attended the Citizens Academy over the last couple of years) so it should be interesting to say the least.
jbonomo
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby kaffekananna » Sep 28th, '16, 12:45 pm

Looks like everyone is busy! I've checked in a couple of times but haven't had time to post XD this week at work has been lovely! There has been less kids than usual and we've had time to sit down properly with the ones we've had. So nice!

Glad to see you're still gonna hang out with us Denise!

Of course I'll post pics when the sweater is finished! I'll be proud as a (?) when i do! It will probably be a bit wonky and imperfect but I can tell you what parts I knitted last year during labour (or pre labour? My birth giving vocabular in English is insufficient) how I sneakily knitted in bed when I was pregnant as it was supposed to be a surprise gift for Linuses 30th birthday. He's 31 and a half now by the way. I can also tell why it's taken so long to finish, all of the bumps in the road and what I enjoyed most. Yup the pressure is on!
kaffekananna
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Olivia » Sep 28th, '16, 7:03 pm

Hello all, just checking in for a chat. There are some newer people here that I have yet to meet since I have been on message board hiatus. So it is really fun to start learning new names faces, and people.

I've been super busy at work this week to the point of frustration. I was asked to take over our student remediation schedule for Tues. & Thurs. afternoons. It won't end up being that big a deal, but planning where 300 kids will be & making sure schedules don't overlap right now is a bit overwhelming. Especially when I don't have all the information I need and teachers aren't getting me their info when they should. And it also is eating into my state mandated library administration time. GRRRR. It also kind bothers me that I know that I got this extra mess because my principal thinks that I have too much free time on my hands... She really has no idea how much I need to do to keep the library up and going. Sorry to gripe, especially to those of you who don't know me well yet. I'm not usually super grouchy. But it is just frustrating right now.

My afternoons and evenings are going so well right now! Denise you would be so super proud of how clean the house is! It is not perfect by any means, but the kitchen is staying clean, there aren't a mound of clothes needing folded or washed, and I'm not spending every Saturday cleaning all day. YAY!

I am able to relax in the evenings more & do things I love, like scrapping, reading, and cross stitching.

Anyone else feeling stressed out at work? I think it really is a common problem, which is sad.
Olivia
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby kaffekananna » Sep 28th, '16, 9:08 pm

I think I'm one of the newer faces around here :) my name is Anna and I live in Sweden - hi!

Frustrating that your principal seems to think libraries aren't important. We love hanging out at the library and I think the function it plays is very important! I've decided to read more and without the library it just wouldn't be possible!

My job has been very stressful too this autumn. I work at a kindergarten with kids age 1-6. We've had some problems this autumn and I've pulled my hair and wanted to scream so many times. I absolutely hate the feeling of not having enough arms! And the feeling of not having proper time for each and every child is not a very pleasant feeling. Hopefully we'll get the extra help we need now though!
kaffekananna
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Sep 28th, '16, 9:32 pm

sorry you are both stressed at work!! That is not fun.
I am not stressed about work but it is physical demanding some times. It is nice working for yourself sometimes!

Olivia it is so good to see you! I am glad you are able to enjoy your life more in the evenings. It is so nice to stay on top of things. My house isn't always clean but when it's picked up and organized it feels so good and makes the whole week much easier.
we miss you lady!!

I am getting ready to hit the hay soon. I am super tired tonight. We have had a hot spell this past week and I love it, but it's wearing.
Hope you guys like this month's kit. It's really cute!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Sep 29th, '16, 4:17 am

Morning!!

I am behind with the chat, sorry.
I'm feeling so lousy this week. I'm trying to get as much work done as possible as early as possible to then take work to do on the sofa and then switch it all off after dinner.
This cold really sucks.
Plus...madame had her school party Wednesday night and we got a call from a teacher at 9.30pm to ask if we could collect her as she was sick......just means one thing, right?!!
So humiliating!!
They went to a friends first and there was a drinking game.
She's all cut up where she's fallen and I was up all night with her. Could have really done without that.
She is so so remorseful, but we feel so disappointed in her. She has a really good reputation for herself. She's become an A* student, doesn't mess with boys and even hangs out with the teachers drinking tea.
Everyone at school has been so nice (legal age to drink here is 18 and her peers are all turning 18 now, she's the baby of the year) but hats off to her she was in school on time yesterday and even stayed late to do an extra revision class.
But you still feel disappointed. Let's just hope she learns. We've all made stupid mistakes right?!

So nice to see so many faces here this week.
I'm just about to publish my unboxing video and have a couple of other jobs to do and will check back.
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Next

Return to The Day to Day Talk