New Week, New Chat 8/29-9/4

A place to talk about all things non-scrapbooking related.

New Week, New Chat 8/29-9/4

Postby DeniseM » Aug 29th, '16, 9:44 am

First day of school for the kids here in Missoula! Conner just left for the University and will have classes till about 1pm. Early morning for everyone!

Haven't talked to Jameson that much, he seems very busy and happy. I think he is going to love it, hopefully not too much!!

What did you think of having the reveal on Instagram this month?
You guys are really going to love this kit, it's so pretty. I love the color combos.
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Re: New Week, New Chat 8/29-9/4

Postby jjflair » Aug 29th, '16, 10:53 pm

Hey Denise! Glad to hear that Jameson seems to be settling in well! Such a great experience and opportunity for him! I'm sure getting used to the new normal will take some time, mama. :-*
And Conner, how's his class lineup looking? What is he studying?

Jill went down to the college to register for her classes today. She was able to get the classes she needed in the time slots she wanted, so she was very peppy and excited when she got home. :) Still a MONTH till she starts, though!

I was up at 3:30 this morning to get Mike to the airport. He is in Germany for a trade show. He wasn't quite over the Taiwan jet lag, so I hope he is not spinning too much!

I took a bread baking class over the weekend. Though I was very late because I thought it started at 10:30, but it was 10. And, then I got lost on the college campus where it was being held. The good news is they hadn't started mixing any ingredients yet by the time I arrived, but the bad news was all the education part had already happened. I was able to take a photo of the lady's notes I sat next to. We'll see if this sourdough loaf turns out when I bake it tomorrow night! If not, I will have to try again!

Oh, about the Reveal via Instagram/Facebook: It was just an ok change. Not as social as on the message boards. I couldn't help myself and had to check in over here while I was waiting for my subscriber email. I totally get the circumstances of the change, but I'm hoping it won't be the norm. Love what I've seen in the gallery, though!! Ready for my Lunch Break! ;)

Well, I am beat and going to head to bed to read until I fall asleep. Probably won't make it through one paragraph! Good night!!
jjflair
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby kaffekananna » Aug 30th, '16, 5:50 am

You'll hear from him soon enough Denise! As soon as he settles in <3 I remember moving to where I live now (merely a 4 hour drive from home) and in the beginning I called about everything! Like recepies or how to clean this or that. Think I talked more to my mom during that period of time than when we lived in the same city, guess it was comforting somehow.

Lisa I hope your bread turns out great! I used to bake all the time but since Linus got his gluten intolerance diagnosed it's not as fun anymore.

We're still home, the kids cough real badly and Linus is on his 5th day of high fevers. Thought it was tonsillitis but it's just a virus infection. If he's gets chills this night too then we'll have to call the doctor again. I only have a headache but that could be just from being a bit sleep deprived. Coughing kids tend to sleep really ill. And feverish men sleep even worse.
kaffekananna
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby kaffekananna » Aug 30th, '16, 5:57 am

Oh and I LOVED the new kit!!! I was meaning to get me some of that collection so I was thrilled it came in the kit. And can we please talk about the exclusives this month? The DITL cards are just perfection! And the stamp set that came with that kits was also something I've been meaning to get. Got quite a few add ons this month. Like the paper add on, numberstickers and the additional exclusive stamp set. Really excited about that stamp set, we have a lot of pine trees around here and Arleigh gave me an idea for a LO to use the "noses" for, it's gonna be one pretty background I'm sure!

As I'm overseas I usually miss reveal but thought the IG was a nice addition. Though like Lisa I prefer the reveal on here, I like to see what others think and what add ons they're getting and so on. The new IG algorithm isn't really helping either. I always feel like I'm missing out on stuff on IG.
kaffekananna
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AnnaB » Aug 30th, '16, 3:15 pm

Hi there! I didn't get my kit on time for the reveal this month, because of stupid people making stupid mistakes (grrrrrr.... I don't have many nice words to say about my local post office at the moment), but I'm soooo looking forward to scrapping really soon!

Work is fun! We'll finally get our new schedule starting on Sept 1 and I'm looking forward to some better structure. I do hate feeling this busy and swamped all the time, though. I never have enough time.

I'm glad to hear about Jill's excitement Lisa! And good luck with that bread! You need to tell us how it turned out! :)

Hugs to you Denise! I'm glad Jameson is happy!
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Aug 31st, '16, 5:27 am

Good Morning!!

How is everyone today?

Thanks for starting us off this week Denise. :)
I'm glad Conner seems happy.
Is he sharing a dorm?
How are you all doing? Does it seem quiet?
Your work this month is stunning.

Sorry about the illnesses Anna, that's not good :(
I hope Linus feels better soon.

Lots going on with you Lisa. Let us know how the bread turns out. Sorry you missed the start of the class :(

Anna, what's happening with your kit?
I'm glad work is fun for you.

It's all quiet here again.
They all left yesterday. I didn't even try to work yesterday when they left. I've learnt to be kind to myself. I'm so emotional and tear up at the slightest thing. So I keep a very low profile. Ade and I took a couple of walks and popped out for a coffee. We started on the washing and getting tidied and I'm continuing with that today and have a nice work todo list to ease in lightly.

My kit has just come. It was a holiday weekend here. So I'm going to video the unboxing hopefully today.

But now, I'm off to mope the floors :D
Oh the excitement.

Catch you later xx
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby DeniseM » Aug 31st, '16, 10:12 am

Lisa I am so glad to hear you are being nice to yourself!! :D I know how hard it is to say goodbye to your Dad. hugs.

I agree LisaF that the message board Reveal is better! It was a crazy week for everyone here and it just wasn't possible to do it this month but I think that next month will be back to normal?

I loved the kit. The cut files are so cool and I am on a roll with those leaves. I don't want to go to work, I just want to scrap.

Conner is still here this semester. He decided not to live in the dorm or off campus to save money and not have to take out student loans. He hasn't been home much between working 2 jobs and school but he is welcome to stay and live here as long as he is working and in school! If he can help from borrowing money for college, I am all for it!

off to work ladies. Have a wonderful day!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby kaffekananna » Aug 31st, '16, 3:11 pm

Anna does your post office scan the wrong code too? Mine does all the time so I've started to ask for the tracking number from usps instead of their own number. Been told it's on its way so many times just to find out it's been sitting there for days!! (Or is it just what seems to be the new madness with the postal service in general? Think I've lost a package from Lisa for example *sad face*)

Lisa nice to hear that you're being kind to yourself! Self care is so important! <3

Denise it must be nice to have at least one of the boys still at home? My mil is fretting the last son to leave the nest in a couple of years. She's considering asking us to move in there instead XD

Linus is a bit better. No chills this night but still a bit of a fever. So almost a week of fevers now :( I was back at work today though so he had to manage the kids on his own. Went okay, they has a minor glitter accident where Frank pulled out a bottle of stickles from my stash which he poured out under the sofa and rolled around in. He still has glitter on his cheeks... I find it kinda cute! Rarely use stickles anyhow :P
kaffekananna
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Sep 1st, '16, 6:33 am

Anna, I did giggle at the glitter accident :D
Glad Linus is feeling better.

Hi Everyone!!

It's sunny here. Feels so good.
Ades working in his office upstairs, I'm at my desk working and the kids are working for me in the lounge. I've given them chocolate :D

I can't remember if I said, Hollie got her exam results. It's just a halfway mark. But she got A B B, so we are so pleased. The A goes 25% towards her final next year and the 2 B's she was predicted A's, so she's really hoping to finish with 3 A's next Summer.
I hope she does, she works so hard.

That sounds like Conner is sensible Denise.
Hollie feels the same. She wants to apply to the local uni for the same reason.

I do feel pretty resentful at times.
Do you remember my awful niece last year? Well, a year ago she went in to foster care (her choice). She's local to my sister so still see's them. But as she's in foster care she gets uni for free.
Having just spent a few days with the family I get so wound up with all the handouts they get.
My sister doesn't work as she's not qualified in anything so it would just a shop job or something and she said it's not worth it as she gets money anyway for not working, plus she gets various other handouts and people always feel sorry for them. The burrowed $5000 off my Dad recently and she told me that he said not to worry about paying him back. Plus he gave them the money for a new washing machine earlier in the year.
It doesn't bother me that she gets all this extra stuff, it's more that they always seem so hard done by.
I would never swap my life for their's though.
I've been feeling so grateful lately.

I need to work.
I need to catch up on my Amazon orders and really need to open this CD kit.
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby nittygrittyjody » Sep 1st, '16, 7:55 am

Hello my Daisy friends! I haven't popped in here forever...so fun to catch up a little bit!

My life is always so full with kids and Chip's job/business at the golf club. I am just starting to get a bit of 'breathing room' back in my days now that (except Wyndham) the kids are all in school. It's a beautiful, busy, crazy and wild season of life with a range from kindergartner to a senior! I should have taken a juggling course during college- it would have served me well! :)

I sat down in my scrap room over the weekend and was reminded how much I love ~ and miss!~ this part of my livelihood! I am hoping to create for fun and just get back to some scrapping for my creative expression- it's definitely my happy spot in life.

The kit looks beautiful this month. Love what I've seen on IG and FB. You all still inspire me even though I haven't been a regular part of CD for awhile. You are always friends too!

I look forward to jumping in on conversations as I find free time and maybe I'll take a challenge up and post to my gallery again soon!

Happy September 1st and all the best as everyone settles into new schedules, classes, routines and cooler weather ahead too! Love ya!
nittygrittyjody
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Sep 1st, '16, 8:34 am

Jody Jody Jody!!!

How lovely to see you here :) :) :)
I love keeping up with you all on IG.
Your life always looks so smiley.
So have you not been scrapbooking at all then?
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby DeniseM » Sep 1st, '16, 8:56 am

Hello Jody!!
Just popping in quick and saw your post! I agree your Facebook/IG life always looks so happy and perfect but I am sure that isn't the whole truth! Laundry and kids fighting and blah still exists I am sure! How are you?????
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby nittygrittyjody » Sep 2nd, '16, 7:10 am

Lisa and Denise~ smooches to you both. xo

Life has lots of smiles each day for sure! But there is always a dose of "drama" as I call it...the fussing at dinner time and bedtime and fighting over who forgot to charge an iPad. :) But truthfully, it is a pretty sweet spot in life right now. I have three teenagers, a middle-schooler and two elementary aged kids and in spite of that there is still a lot of love and happy memories being made daily! I am blessed with kids who are really great at their core and grateful for a husband- who works way too many long hours!- but who loves us all so much and does all he can when he is around to lighten the load or invest his energies into his kids too. We all love where we live and it's extra fun with Grandma and Grandpa as our neighbors too. So good, good...and even so there are the daily chores and this morning Teague is home from school having terrible asthma/coughing issues. So we're being lazy and hoping he'll respond to his meds soon!

I truly haven't scrapped anything in months, other than a quick card or two. So stepping back into my "stuff" has sparked my desire to create again! I sewed some mini brown bags and tucked cookies in them to give as little treats to friends yesterday. I love how a few simple touches and a note can take something ordinary and show a whole lot of love and care!
Scrapping reminds me of how crafting memories onto a page shows love and intentionality in wanting to record the special and ordinary details/events in our busy days! It may seem like 'a waste of time and money' to some, but I think memories are priceless! Especially as we see how fast they go by!

So I am energized to do something again...maybe the planner type of memory-keeping or a bit of DITL. Goodness knows I still have lots of cute stuff to use up!
I'm sure I'm behind on all the latest and greatest techniques though! I still dream of getting a Silhouette some day! :)

So fun to catch up with you all here...loving the gallery this month too!
nittygrittyjody
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Sep 3rd, '16, 12:25 pm

Jody I can't wait to see some of your scrappy fun. I hope you get the chance to create soon!
I am so happy for you. I just remember our telephone convo some years back when you were really struggling with the move/move back, being away from your parents and Chip's job situation. Look at you guys now!! It all worked out exactly the way it was supposed to. Awesome!

We miss you around here!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Return to The Day to Day Talk