Come & Chat 05/23 - 05/29

A place to talk about all things non-scrapbooking related.

Come & Chat 05/23 - 05/29

Postby Funky Fairy » May 23rd, '16, 5:08 am

Good Morning!!
It's rained and been grey all weekend and now it['s sunny!! :D Typical!!
Still, I love sitting at my desk and seeing the sun. So I'm not really complaining.

How was your weekend?
Did you get to scrap or anything crafty?

Mine was full of family drama. I feel worn out :D
I'm just grateful that I'm an hour away from the family and that my own little family seems very stressfree right now. I love our little bubble that we live in.
Got to be grateful for what you have, right?!

What are you up to this week?

We seem to have so much going on.
Hollie has 3 exams this week, Louis has a friend over tonight and footy later too. Lots of drama going on with the manager and some of the parents of misbehaving kids. I think Ade's going to offer to lend a hand at training sessions. Some of the boys are being very difficult. It's very sad though when parents are so blinded and can see no wrong in their kids.

I have lots of work and we have a 4 day week coming up due to another holiday here in the UK and the kids are off school next week too. My little Nanny is turning 80, so I want to see her aswell.
Everything seems to all be happening at once right now :D
At least life is never dull.

I look forward to catching up with you lovely ladies.
I always enjoy hear about what you are up to.

:) :)
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Re: Come & Chat 05/23 - 05/29

Postby jjflair » May 23rd, '16, 12:08 pm

Busy, busy! I'm sorry you had family drama over the weekend. You put so much work into your mum's b-day. :( Good luck to Hollie on her exams, and to Ade if he is heading to the field with Louis! I love that you call your grams your "little Nanny". I had a little Nanny, too--my dad's mom. She passed away a couple of years ago. I miss her very much.

The weekend was pretty relaxed. Did some gardening, cleaning, scrapbooking. Jeremy had a friend over most of the day Saturday, and Jill had her bestie over for most of Sunday. Just a couple more weeks of school for Jeremy.

Oh, we had a bit of excitement! Our dog is the Turtle Police of our little pond, and alerts us if either of them escapes. She was going bonkers, barking at one of the planters, but our two girls were clearly in the pond. Turned out there was a small turtle there! We think it is one of ours that disappeared over a year ago but has made her way back! Lol!
jjflair
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby jbonomo » May 23rd, '16, 12:36 pm

Glad to see you have sunny skies, Lisa (Funky Fairy). Seems like the rain and gray skies were a perfect match to the weekend. It is a good thing they live so far away and your immediate family is a sanctuary......still have to chuckle over the bday card Louis made for you. Best of luck to Hollie.

Lisa, sounds like the perfect weekend for you. Your lost turtle knows a good thing when she sees it and glad she made her way back. Quickly peaked at the gallery last night and need to go back and savor your vacation layouts. Love how you have put these together......they are amazing!

Just the usual for me here. Had a date night on Friday, Saturday filled with errands, cleaning and yeah, some scrapping (two layouts and two more pages to the 64 album), Sunday was riding which started out drizzly but stopped quickly and spent the afternoon cooking for the next four days and then out to my room to work on another layout. Been feeling more "in the zone" lately. I think the 48 hour Lift Me Up Challenge kick started it.....so a big thank you, Lisa!
jbonomo
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » May 23rd, '16, 1:01 pm

jjflair wrote:Busy, busy! I'm sorry you had family drama over the weekend. You put so much work into your mum's b-day. :( Good luck to Hollie on her exams, and to Ade if he is heading to the field with Louis! I love that you call your grams your "little Nanny". I had a little Nanny, too--my dad's mom. She passed away a couple of years ago. I miss her very much.

The weekend was pretty relaxed. Did some gardening, cleaning, scrapbooking. Jeremy had a friend over most of the day Saturday, and Jill had her bestie over for most of Sunday. Just a couple more weeks of school for Jeremy.

Oh, we had a bit of excitement! Our dog is the Turtle Police of our little pond, and alerts us if either of them escapes. She was going bonkers, barking at one of the planters, but our two girls were clearly in the pond. Turned out there was a small turtle there! We think it is one of ours that disappeared over a year ago but has made her way back! Lol!

Oh Lisa, I love your turtle story, (one to be scrapped :D )
That's so sweet.
Why does your dog tell you when one is escaping? I wonder what's going through her head???
I often wish I could read our dog's thoughts :D We do little voices pretending to be her sometimes :D

Wow, your kids are almost officially 'grown up'. How are you feeling?
Is he going away to college?
Jill studies near home, doesn't she?

Did you call your's little nanny too? :)
Our's used to just be 'nanny' to us, it was when I had kids that she became known as 'little nanny'. Now all my cousins have kids too and everyone calls her 'little nanny'. She is little. She's only 4ft10 and infact smaller now she's older.
She kindly passed the 'little' genes on to me :( I'm the only other one in the family that's also 4ft10 and it's also been passed on to Hollie. I feel sad for Hollie too.
My Mum's one of 4 and all they kids are tall.
Isn't it odd how it works!

How are you doing with Mike away by the way?
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby Funky Fairy » May 23rd, '16, 1:04 pm

jbonomo wrote:Glad to see you have sunny skies, Lisa (Funky Fairy). Seems like the rain and gray skies were a perfect match to the weekend. It is a good thing they live so far away and your immediate family is a sanctuary......still have to chuckle over the bday card Louis made for you. Best of luck to Hollie.

Lisa, sounds like the perfect weekend for you. Your lost turtle knows a good thing when she sees it and glad she made her way back. Quickly peaked at the gallery last night and need to go back and savor your vacation layouts. Love how you have put these together......they are amazing!

Just the usual for me here. Had a date night on Friday, Saturday filled with errands, cleaning and yeah, some scrapping (two layouts and two more pages to the 64 album), Sunday was riding which started out drizzly but stopped quickly and spent the afternoon cooking for the next four days and then out to my room to work on another layout. Been feeling more "in the zone" lately. I think the 48 hour Lift Me Up Challenge kick started it.....so a big thank you, Lisa!

Hi Julie :)

oohhh what did you do for your date night?

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying your scrapping. That's good news :)

The weekend wasn't too bad. Sometimes you just have to smile and laugh and make the most out of it, don't you?!! My Mum enjoyed her birthday and that's the mail thing :)
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby jbonomo » May 23rd, '16, 1:20 pm

Funky Fairy wrote:oohhh what did you do for your date night?

I had received a gift certificate to Red Lobster awhile back and we decided to use it; we even have enough for another dinner. It was nice to go out, just the two of us as we usually go out with other people.

At the table next to us, I noticed a man (fairly young) with three really young girls (all appeared under 10), clearly his daughters as the resemblance was remarkable. They were so well behaved and commented to Tom about how he taught them respect at such a young age.
jbonomo
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby jjflair » May 24th, '16, 5:59 pm

Lol, Lisa--we "talk" for our animals all the time! :D Blaze is a herding dog, and I think she just assigned herself the job of watching out for the turtles. I do wonder the thoughts she has about it. "What is with these crazy people and their reptiles! You'd think they'd put a better fence around the pond. How did I end up with this family? I love them, but turtles? C'mon! I'm a CATTLE dog, people!! COWS!! Jeez Louise. I could almost be embarrassed, but clearly these dummies need me around."

No, we called our little Nanny just "Nanny". Though she was probably only 5'1'' or so. :) As the house giant everyone was little to me. I might have been less self-conscious about my height had my mom's siblings lived nearby and were a bigger part of our lives. They are the tall ones, though my mom at 5'7" is the shortest of them. And my dad is 5'5" and the shortest of his siblings, too. *sigh*. I was known as Big Lisa when there was a younger neighbor named Lisa (Little Lisa she became) down the street.

Julie, thank you for the encouragement with my travel album. :) I am having so much fun with it, and feel like it is really "me". Nice that you two had a fun date night alone. And some scrappy time, too! I love that 64 album you are making. I didn't realize you were still adding pages! Is it ongoing as you are inspired by more song titles? The Beatles do have a large catalog! Lol!

We are fairing well with Mike out of town. He's been traveling so much more these past couple of years (funny, because we thought this job would have him going to Taiwan less) so we have developed a good routine when he is away. One of our biggest struggles is what we will watch on TV without him. Lol! We crammed through the final season of Mad Men before he left so we would not be hanging off a cliff while he is gone. Jillian goes to school about an hour from here, takes the train down, and only has classes three days a week this quarter. She has been helping Jeremy with his English and History which is great. They are so lovely together. :) Jeremy is reading Catcher in the Rye, and we've had the documentary "Salinger" in our Netflix queue for 2 years waiting for him to get to Junior year and read it before we watch. :) Mike gets back on Saturday, so we will wait for him. Then he is off the Europe for 10 days on Tuesday. :P
jjflair
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby jbonomo » May 24th, '16, 8:22 pm

Lisa Flaherty! I love your travel album.....can I just send you my photos to document our last trip LOL! Love your free style, the stories (and the stories within stories), and all that you put into the layouts. Waiting with baited breath for the continuing travel journey with you!

As for the 64 album, I ran into two photos that I had to put in the album and found the perfect song, "Hello, Little Girl". I'll have to post them as the pug is pretty darn cute as is her father (Tom).

Jillian sounds like the best sister that Jeremy could have asked for. Enjoy watching Salinger this weekend when Mike returns. Yikes! On a plane again......does he get tired of it or is it an adventure for him? Will you be joining him for part of the trip? Where is he heading?
jbonomo
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » May 25th, '16, 10:21 pm

eek.
I had a big post that just disappeared :P
okay.
this sums it up.
tired
overwhelmed
happy
excited
miss you all
will have more time in a couple of weeks.
goodbye.
:)
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » May 26th, '16, 12:10 am

jjflair wrote:Lol, Lisa--we "talk" for our animals all the time! :D Blaze is a herding dog, and I think she just assigned herself the job of watching out for the turtles. I do wonder the thoughts she has about it. "What is with these crazy people and their reptiles! You'd think they'd put a better fence around the pond. How did I end up with this family? I love them, but turtles? C'mon! I'm a CATTLE dog, people!! COWS!! Jeez Louise. I could almost be embarrassed, but clearly these dummies need me around."

I love your stories. So funny. :D

No, we called our little Nanny just "Nanny". Though she was probably only 5'1'' or so. :) As the house giant everyone was little to me. I might have been less self-conscious about my height had my mom's siblings lived nearby and were a bigger part of our lives. They are the tall ones, though my mom at 5'7" is the shortest of them. And my dad is 5'5" and the shortest of his siblings, too. *sigh*. I was known as Big Lisa when there was a younger neighbor named Lisa (Little Lisa she became) down the street.

I was always little lisa. :)

Glad you cope well and so nice that your two get on so well.
Sounds very similar as to here.
I love that mine are such great friends.
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby Funky Fairy » May 26th, '16, 12:28 am

Your date night sounds fun Julie.
We've never eaten there.

Hi Denise. Sorry about your post >:(
Hope you are doing ok. I know it's such a crazy time for you right now.

My kit came :) :)
So I've been busy creating.
Yay!!
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby seemownay » May 26th, '16, 11:38 am

Seems like everyone is busy and tired and desperately trying to find some creative time.
My sister (+family) left yesterday, so we have now 1,5 weeks for the end of school year craziness until my mom and sister (+family) arrives. Having visitors is so exhausting ...

... I fell for a scam at another scrapbook company. I am so mad at myself, I left them last May because I thought their business practices stink. I came here and have been so happy ever since. But I had such a bad case of FOMO that I bought from them again and now I have to deal with all of the bad stuff. Worst thing, I just cannot push it aside and deal with it, whenever CS replies. No, I am totally upset, checking my emails every minute, cannot concentrate on my tasks.

Mary Kay or Christine (or anybody else for that matter), if you are reading here: please know - this is an awesome company and your customer service is the best! Always there, very helpful! Thank you for making scrapbooking and shopping such a pleasure!
seemownay
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Instagram

Postby jbonomo » May 26th, '16, 11:49 am

Hi Simone! I know exactly what you mean about visitors......love/hate relationship.....love having them but it is a lot of work. Enjoy the next 1.5 weeks before the craziness starts up again.

I hear you on FOMO; that is why I have a large stash. LOL. And yes, you are correct, Mary Kay is simply the best out there. I have bought one off items from other companies and had "issues" which always took awhile to resolve but never with CD. I get an almost immediate response on questions, no matter how small of an item. Customer Service can make or break a small company (or large company for that matter).
jbonomo
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby jbonomo » May 26th, '16, 11:57 am

Lisa, have fun with your kit!

Oh, Denise, sorry you lost your post. Hate that! I was hoping to hear how you are doing.....what happened with the country club job? Hope you get some ME time shortly.
jbonomo
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby kissy » May 27th, '16, 10:27 am

seemownay wrote:Seems like everyone is busy and tired and desperately trying to find some creative time.
My sister (+family) left yesterday, so we have now 1,5 weeks for the end of school year craziness until my mom and sister (+family) arrives. Having visitors is so exhausting ...

... I fell for a scam at another scrapbook company. I am so mad at myself, I left them last May because I thought their business practices stink. I came here and have been so happy ever since. But I had such a bad case of FOMO that I bought from them again and now I have to deal with all of the bad stuff. Worst thing, I just cannot push it aside and deal with it, whenever CS replies. No, I am totally upset, checking my emails every minute, cannot concentrate on my tasks.

Mary Kay or Christine (or anybody else for that matter), if you are reading here: please know - this is an awesome company and your customer service is the best! Always there, very helpful! Thank you for making scrapbooking and shopping such a pleasure!

Thank you so much Simone! You have no idea how happy it makes all of us here at CD to know we are making our customers happy. Things happen, we are only human but our goal is to always be up front and try to fix things as quickly and as best as we can. People work so hard for their money and I always feel blessed and thankful when someone chooses to purchase a kit from us, it is something I'll never take for granted.
Christine
kissy
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Return to The Day to Day Talk