What's up Friday March 19?

A place to talk about all things non-scrapbooking related.

What's up Friday March 19?

Postby TerryB » Mar 18th, '16, 8:33 am

Hi Daisies!

It's been so quiet here the last couple days. Have you all been celebrating St. Patty's Day? It's a big deal here in Buffalo, but the only thing I did was drink coffee from a green polka dot mug, wear green socks, and made bangers & mash for dinner. I did get some scrapping done yesterday.

Which, by the way, we need a thread for the March Designers challenge. If you haven't seen it yet, check out the blog. I did one yesterday, and have another in the works.

Is anybody getting scrappy today/tonight? I'm hoping to, but I've got some other stuff that I've been putting off that needs my attention first. Not sure about tonight. Well,see if John is going skiing or not. If he's home, we may go out for a fish fry. If not, more scrappy time. :)

Toddles for now...
TerryB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Re: What's up Friday March 19?

Postby kaffekananna » Mar 18th, '16, 10:14 am

I've been busy sucking in sunlight! Haven't seen proper sun for months so it's return means be outside and open fires and hotdogs and playing and looking for spring signs. My kids dad has already seen two butterflies!

We don't celebrate St Patrics day at all. But the again I remember the time before Halloween got big around here. Mid 90's my sister and her friend tried to Trick or treat on our street and no one knew what the heck they were talking about! (The goal was to go trick or treating at our aunties place, she's American and used to live in Sweden for a couple of years). Now everyone is buy pumpkins and dresses up. So who knows a few years from now we might all dress in green and decorate with little leprechauns and kettles with gold.
kaffekananna
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby seemownay » Mar 18th, '16, 10:50 am

Isn't today the 18th?
But other than that ... I am still trying to convince myself to clean the bathroom. Ahem.
Then this afternoon I will be busy bringing the kids to their different practices. I hope to get some scrapping in tonight, since we have a weekend packed with 5 games ahead of us.
Hope you all have a great day!
seemownay
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Instagram

Postby Funky Fairy » Mar 18th, '16, 11:28 am

Hello :) :) :)

Crazy busy week here.
I've been working 6am- past 11pm every day and it's my birthday weekend and we are going to my sister's tomorrow over night and them on our US roadtrip on Wednesday.

So much to do!!
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby SuzannaL » Mar 18th, '16, 12:55 pm

Yes, it's the 18th! No you aren't crazy! LOL!! I wondered the same thing too.

I am scrapping tomorrow! All day!!! My scrappy friend is coming over and we are going to make a day of it. I have a ton to do as we will be out of town the week after next for Spring Break (and another swim meet - don't worry, last one until end of April when long course begins).

Who's ready for Easter (for those who celebrate)? Big plans? We are rarely home for Easter as this will be our 5th year in Clearwater for this champs meet. The bunny usually finds us on the road and, unfortunately, it's more of a commercial holiday for us... We try and keep the emphasis on the Risen Christ however, not easy to do.

I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend! Flurries in store for us here in VA on Sunday.... CRAZY I tell you!
SuzannaL
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby seemownay » Mar 18th, '16, 1:33 pm

So if today is the 18th, isn't it Doris birthday?
Happy birthday!
Hope you celebrate the day and have lots of sunshine!
seemownay
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Instagram

Postby AnnaB » Mar 18th, '16, 2:12 pm

Oh, happy happy birthday to Doris...!!! :) :)

I went back to work on Tuesday and had 3 ok days. Sooo glad that the weekend is here though. Tomorrow I'm scrapping all day, with my friends. Looking forward to it so much!
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby TerryB » Mar 18th, '16, 5:02 pm

Yes it's the 18th. I just meant, that the board has been so quiet, and maybe you were all still celebrating!

All the guys are skiing tonight. I got all my housework done ( well, there's always laundry) so I am scrapping tonight.
TerryB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby doris sander » Mar 19th, '16, 10:17 am

Happy Birthday to ME!

I love St. Patrick's Day because it's always the day before my birthday. Kinda like an introductory celebration, lol. I didn't do much this year. Just wore my Lucky Charms T-shirt to school.

Yesterday my son and I went to the Japanese steakhouse for my birthday dinner then I got some Twizzlers at Gander Mountain as a birthday treat since we were there shopping for his backpacking trip.

Today I have gotten him sent off and now am trying to get going with my day. I need to decide what to order. I want so many things: a new personal planner, some new camera lenses, some Flow magazine goodies, some vintage stamps. I need to narrow down my list and get it ordered.

Spring Break is officially here! I don't have to go to work for over a week! Yay! We're hanging out around home the first part of the week then leaving midweek to go to Texas. It's on my bucket list to see the bluebonnets blooming. It's worked out great that I planned this trip as my niece has ended up moving to Kansas (5 hours away from my sister), so now they are coming for Easter as well as her mom (my other sister) from Florida. Five of us have March birthdays, so we're going to have a BIG party while we're there plus see My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2. Can't wait!
Doris

blog: dorissander.blogspot.com

doris sander
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Mar 19th, '16, 4:11 pm

Happy Birthday Doris!
And today is Lisa's Birthday!

I have had a crazy week to. Sick with a cold but not too bad. Just enough to make me go to bed right after dinner every night. I worked all week so it felt like a long week. It's Saturday now though. :)
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Sharmaine » Mar 20th, '16, 1:07 am

Happy birthday Doris!!!!
It's the usual busy here. Working, school, after school stuffs. Went to an Autism workshop yesterday and today (sunday) we had church and then spent a couple of hours buying the last bits and bobs for Jessica's trip away before topping up our groceries and putting petrol in the car. Right now i'm trying to catch up on somethings while the others are busy doing their own thing. The weekend goes way too fast!
Sharmaine
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Return to The Day to Day Talk