Weeekend Chat Thread 11/21- 11/22

A place to talk about all things non-scrapbooking related.

Weeekend Chat Thread 11/21- 11/22

Postby Funky Fairy » Nov 21st, '15, 8:16 am

Hello Lovelies!!
Here to wish you all a lovely weekend.
Anyone doing anything nice???

I've got one of my silly headaches starting up again. Always deep behind my right eye :(
We were out at friends with other friends last night. We ate so much yummy curry.

Louis is paintballing with friends all day today. Ade's working on my accounts and I'm working on a large wedding. We are working in the lounge together though.
Hollie is at her best friend's Mum's birthday party tonight, so we are collecting at 11pm. Could do with an early night though :(

Tomorrow is another work day. Lamb is defrosting for a roast dinner and both kids will have homework.

That's our weekend :) :)

Have a fun one!!
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Re: Weeekend Chat Thread 11/21- 11/22

Postby Marti » Nov 21st, '15, 8:34 am

Yuck about the headache, Lisa. My bad always are always deep behind my left eye. No fun. Maybe you can get a nap in? It is nice that you can do your work from home.

We are going to friends' tonight to have an early Thanksgiving dinner. I just need to make potatoes for that. I am thinking that I am going to be lazy about it and go store bought. ;) The rest of this weekend is getting grocery shopping done for Thanksgiving and getting the house ready to host my brother and his family starting mid week. We are off from school this week.

I should be moving along, but I am enjoying coffee and scrapping right now. :)

Happy Weekend!
MARTI :)
Marti
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby gem66 » Nov 21st, '15, 11:01 am

Hi girls...I am home this week-end.

Spent all day Friday scrapbooking with my GF, but was not able to do the entire week-end. Too much to get caught up on around here.

Going out for groceries shortly. Not sure what I am making for supper yet. Just waiting for my oatmeal to cook and then will head out the door.

Lisa, I hope your headache goes away!

Marti, Happy Thanksgiving week where you live, have fun tonight!

Have a great day gals!
gem66
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Nov 21st, '15, 11:11 am

sorry about the headache Lisa!
Hope it gets better.
enjoy your Turkey dinner Marti. :)

I am just waiting of the bathroom so I can take a shower. It is sometimes hard in this house to get clean. :) One bathroom and 4 people. Oh well! At least we have hot water and a toilet. It's a really nice bathroom to. :)

We have the kids all coming over to watch the Grizzly/Bobcat Football game today at 12pm. Big rivalry between University of Montana and Montana State. Lots of cooking, hanging out. I really love to have everyone over but am looking forward to quieter weekends here when the season is over. I have scrappy assignments to do this weekend, shopping for Thanksgiving and book keeping/etc. to take care of.

But the best part is I am not working!!!!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Nov 21st, '15, 1:28 pm

I'm here headache free!! Yay!!!
I took a nap this afternoon on the sofa and I kicked it.

Enjoy your meal out Marti. Sounds fun.
Glad you got some scrapbooking in too.

Glad you had some fun time with your friend Gilly. Hope you get caught up with everything.

Enjoy the game Denise. Sounds fun having everyone around.
Glad you have some time off.

Louis came home freezing and covered in mud from the paintballing :)
We've eaten dinner together and I've just taken Hollie to the party.
Just about to clear dinner away now. The boys are watching footy on tv.
Then back to work for me.

No alarms tomorrow. Yay!!
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby jessi lute » Nov 22nd, '15, 7:52 am

good morning ladies!
so glad to hear your headache is gone lisa! yay!!
marty, enjoy your early thanksgiving with friends!
denise...how was the game?? loud and boisterous?? i love it when dakota gets together with his football buds to watch a game...so much fun!

yesterday i had such a lazy day! the girls and i decided to go walk on the beach and gather rocks in the rain and grey...love beaches during the rain :) after we got back, i finished crocheting the christmas ornaments i mail out while watching the death comes to pemberley and north & south mini series on netflix. there was 3 episodes in pemberley and 4 in north & south...and yup...i finished both, lol. went to bed a bit late...but i enjoyed the down time while crocheting.

today there is an arts and crafts show just around the corner i would like to attend...but the weather is a bit nasty. winds are 40km with 70+ gusts and intense rain...makes walking a bit difficult ;) it's also the day we spend cleaning and organizing the house for the week, so aside from the chores i will also need to get some baking and cooking done for lunches ;)
jessi lute
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby TerryB » Nov 22nd, '15, 10:00 am

Hello daisies!

Denise, I feel your pain. Five people at our house and only one full bathroom. I keep telling myself at least its less to clean.

I spent yesterday morning working on my office/bedroom/scrap space. Talk about a multipurpose space! I bought a Kallax shelf from IKEA, and John put it together for me. I can get 16 of my 12x12 albums on it, and it fits perfectly in the space next to my desk. I was pretty excited about that!

Then John and I went for a long walk at Beaver Island State Park. We heard the call of a Loon, and were able to track it down. I was so excited because I love loons, and they are rarely found in these parts. Unfortunately, I left my big camera and zoom lens at home.

I'm not sure what's on tap for today. I'm hoping to get outside for another long walk somewhere, and will go to evening mass. So far it's been a pretty good weekend!

Take care Dasies!
TerryB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby deblew » Nov 22nd, '15, 10:19 am

Happy weekend everyone. Not much happening around here. Did get a start on my Christmas card prep. Got most of the shopping done for Thanksgiving...we're hosting, but everyone's bringing a side dish. Getting a little anxious about the cooking of the turkey. I haven't had to be in charge of that for the last 15 years as dh has always enjoyed doing it, so my skills are very rusty!
Deb
deblew
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Instagram

Postby DeniseM » Nov 22nd, '15, 12:41 pm

Terry you are an amazing woman! One full bathroom and 4 men......one more than me. Yikes! I have to say though, as a house keeper I have realized that my family isn't that messy. I mean they are, but I clean houses that have 4 people in them with 4 separate bathrooms and they all look like my one bathroom with 4 people using it!! I love love the sound of loons Terry. It always brings back so many childhood memories. :)

Deb I get nervous every year cooking the turkey for the last 20+ years!!! It will be fine. Good gravy is my secret. It solves everything. :)

Yesterday was so fun but exhausting. Clean the house before/clean the house after. My grand children are very active!! I actually took them all for a long walk/hike to get their Ya Ya's out. It was great. They were all pretty tired when we were done.

Going on a hike today with my two friends, very excited about that. Then I should shop for Thanksgiving but need to work on this lovely kit on my desk! It's really interesting/cool colors this month. I love the paper add on! Can;t wait for you to see it.

enjoy your day ladies!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AnnaB » Nov 22nd, '15, 3:19 pm

I found some time to scrap this weekend and it felt so good! I wish I could just go on and on...! :D

A bit busy now, preparing for a new week of work. Hugs to all of you!
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Nov 22nd, '15, 9:15 pm

So glad you found some scrappy time Anna!

I did no scrapping. Our hike ended up being 2 hours long, then I went shopping for Thanksgiving and was cooking a head for this week because I will be having some seriously long days before Thursday.

Looks like it will be a rush once again, but it's okay. I love this kit!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Return to The Day to Day Talk