IT'S CHRISTMAS!! Weekly Chat 12/22-12/28

A place to talk about all things non-scrapbooking related.

IT'S CHRISTMAS!! Weekly Chat 12/22-12/28

Postby Funky Fairy » Dec 22nd, '14, 10:10 am

Hello Ladies,

Sorry for the later start today I've been racing against the clock all day.
Are you feeling the same?

Ade had this wonderful idea that we would visit friends on the coast tomorrow and I knew it would be a bad idea so close to Christmas and now I'm running out of time to do everything :(

I was up baking cupcakes for our neighbours just after 7am this morning and got dinner in the crock. I'm making beef cobler.
We finished the grocery shopping this morning (3 stores) and now I've just been adding the finishing touches to my local friends and our neighbours gifts. I've just made their cards and now I need to frost the cupcakes and do my deliveries. Make the scones to go on top of the cobler, finish dinner and we are all gathering at the neighbours for 7pm. (4 of us families in our little corner).

I could just don with another couple of hours.

I hope you are happy and feeling organised.
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Re: IT'S CHRISTMAS!! Weekly Chat 12/22-12/28

Postby LauraC » Dec 22nd, '14, 10:48 am

ooohhhh scones - I Love scones - maybe that's what I'll have for Christmas brunch at the house. And yes on the harried part!

Something went horribly wrong with my contact this morning and I had to turn around to go home to ditch it and grab my glasses. I did two batches of toffee last night. Hoping to get one more in the stash before I'm done. I don't think it's going to be anything else but banana/zucchini bread at this point.

I need to stop somewhere on the way home tonight and buy gift bags - dang they are pricey! My stash is gone except for tiny ones.

Working today and friends' party tonight. Then it will be only one more gig on Christmas Eve and then a ten day hiatus from holiday partying.

Trying to get some Christmas cheer and get some energy. I just can't seem to get up to speed this year.
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby JanetS » Dec 22nd, '14, 11:03 am

Lisa, sounds like a whirlwind right now, but dinner sounds like it will be a good time to wind down and relax.

LauraC, is your eye OK? Love toffee and yes, you deserve that 10 day break.

I had a migraine yesterday and am good today. Exercise, house and scrap room cleaning our on my agenda today.
JanetS
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby gem66 » Dec 22nd, '14, 11:05 am

Good morning girls.

I did a workout and stretch this morning. Much needed for my shoulder. Going to make it more of a priority for 2015.

This morning I need to run to do some banking.

This afternoon I have one more slice to prepare, then one stocking to wrap.

Tonight we will watch Christmas movies or I'll scrap.

Have a great day ladies!
gem66
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby TerryB » Dec 22nd, '14, 11:41 am

Morning Daisies. :)

Lisa I've never heard of beef cobler, but I love anything in a crock pot. Trouble is my boys don't like stuff all mixed together, so I rarely use mine.

Laura...do you have a dollar store near by? That's where I find really cheap gift bags and tissue paper.

Janet and Gilly...glad you both are feeling better today. I'm wondering about Denise and her husband. She said he came down with the flu, and was concerned she would also get it. Crossing my fingers for her and her family.

I am heading out shortly for the grocery store. I have a huge list! I've yet to wrap a gift. I went to start last night, and realized I didn't have enough paper. So I will grab that today. I never did bake this weekend as planned. I ended up working outside in the backyard. We had some extra small prelit trees that we weren't using elsewhere, so John and I wired them up for outside. Then I got the idea to grab a really cheap real tree (since we borrowed an artificial this year) and put it up in the backyard. We had lots of extra lights, so that didn't cost a thing, and we managed to get the tree for $19. I love seeing my backyard all lit up outside my sliding glass door. :) Now we just need some snow! I'm not going to worry if I don't get to the baking. If I bake, I'll eat, and I'm already up a few pounds. Besides, my youngest baked some chocolate chip cookies yesterday, and I can always bake after Christmas if I want right? There are no rules! LOL

Have a great day all!
TerryB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Dec 22nd, '14, 8:52 pm

well, I am starting to feel sick but it's definitely not the flu. I am achey and tired, cough etc. but can manage work. I finished an office and 3 houses today. Tomorrow I have the same. Then I am off for 3 whole days!!
Bill is still very sick. Now that I have symptoms, I am wondering what he actually has. I can't imagine he has something different but he hasn't left the house/bed/couch in two days. Man flu? ;)

Anyway. I am going to bed early. Last night I wrapped all the presents, (in case I did get Bill's flu) made some toffee for the first time and it came out great!! I am going to bake wednesday morning, all my dough is ready to go. Just crossing my fingers this doesn't turn into anything horrid. I think I will be okay. I am dosing myself with airborne and drinking tons of water.

I am thinking about all of you. Hopefully, everyone can get there work done and kick back and enjoy the delight and magic that is around. Let's all take a collective deep breath.........

See you tomorrow!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Sherry C » Dec 22nd, '14, 10:35 pm

We are on our way to Indy. Just wanted to pop in and wish you all a Merry Christmas! Xo
Sherry C
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby LauraC » Dec 23rd, '14, 6:58 am

We had our friends party last night. I just love them. Delightful evening. I came home with so many gifts!!!! I wish I was able to head north with them in a couple weeks. But it is my family Christmas so I won't be going.

It's raining here and it doesn't look like the snow will come in after all. I hope Jody and Sherry had safe travels. Special Christmas with family time.

Denise - oh no on the getting sick! I know the crud still keeps lingering here. Not nearly as full force but I can't get my energy back and now it's settling into my ears. I'll pray that you don't have any of that. Jilly and Janet - I hope you feel better today!

Toffee! I make that every year and it is one of my most requested items. It is really easy to make.

Terry - I did hit the Dollar Tree. they had a huge assortment of dollar gift bags. They also had bubble bath and yummy soaps for stocking stuffers.

Lisa - how did the beef cobbler turn out? I've never heard of that either but I'm guessing it's like our beef stew?

I need to figure out a Christmas Day menu. Lasagna roll ups and ham seem to be the general consensus. But I need to figure out breakfast and snacky stuff. I don't know if we will just stay home or try to get the movie in on Christmas night
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby mison » Dec 23rd, '14, 7:43 am

Just popping in here to wish you all a Merry Christmas. We celebrate tomorrow, so I´m soon need to speed up the finising food touches.

Been down with some sort of flue for more than a week, so I´m a bit behind. The gifts are wrapped, the house if fairly clean, the food is prepped exept for one little thing, so tonight we will sit down with Sven´s best friend and let the christmas spririt sunk in. It´s Christmas Card driving around night (you who has been hanging around here for a while know about it...). Oh - And I can tell you my best Christmas Gift this year - I´m going to work for Canvas Corp Brands as one of thier designers next year!

And guess what - we will have a white Christmas. It came snow during the weekend and the forecasts promise more tonight and then -17 Celcius tomorrow!

Well, hope everyone feel festive and calm! And I hope healthy (Denise?).

mison
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby LauraC » Dec 23rd, '14, 9:27 am

Marie! Are those your children? BEAUTIFUL!!!!
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Dec 23rd, '14, 10:28 am

The boys are helping me clean today so I don't have to work 14 hours. We need to go in about 5 minutes.
I wish I could be cheery but I am just not feeling it.

Love your photo Marie, Max and Alice are beautiful.
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby soapHOUSEmama » Dec 23rd, '14, 12:07 pm

Hi all! Just checking in. I have read everyone's posts. I really hope all of you with the yuckies start to feel better. Marie - congrats on Canvas Corp! That is awesome!!!

I am currently in the surgery center with hubbs. They just took him back and they will be repairing his foot with metal plates. We have a "knee walker" on order so he will get some wheels and be off of crutches for the recovery.

We got started on the wrapping last night, so that's good. hope to finish it up tonight.

Have a great day everyone!
soapHOUSEmama
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AnnaB » Dec 23rd, '14, 2:45 pm

I love your photo Marie!

Denise and everyone else who is not feeling good - sending lots of positive thougths, hoping that you'll feel better soon!

I hope your husband is doing ok Ashli!

Even though we're trying not to do too much for Christmas, we seem to have saved lots of things for last minute and today has felt like a really busy day. :P :) We're almost ready though and tomorrow morning we're getting into the car. I'm glad it's only a 2 hours drive. The kids have been kind of crazy - I think it's because they're excited about Christmas. Veeeery excited. I hope they'll be able to sleep. :)

Many hugs and a very Merry Christmas to all of you!!!
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby gem66 » Dec 23rd, '14, 3:47 pm

Hi everyone. I am pretty much ready to go. Hubs just went out to get the last 2 gifts (gift cards) and the groceries. We are celebrating tomorrow as well and the 25th.

I was pretty happy to get in my scrap room last night and do some creating. My December daily is pretty much caught up and is fun. I look forward to working on it more starting boxing day.

Merry Christmas everyone!
gem66
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Ami » Dec 23rd, '14, 4:35 pm

Just one hour and a half left of this day before the big day here in Sweden. Santa will put some gifts under the tree any minute. The kids wasn't tired at aaall. :)
Ami
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby TerryB » Dec 23rd, '14, 5:52 pm

Marie....adorable kids! I love that picture. :)

Well it always something, isn't it? I am hosting Christmas this year for my side of the family. Not a huge celebration, (about 14 people). My sister just called and told me her boys (well, men actually as they are 25 and 28 years old) are giving her a hard time because I said they couldn't bring their dogs. They are smallish dogs, and well behaved, BUT...if I say yes to them, then I have to say yes to other sister, and my brother. Then I have 5 dogs at my house, and the other are not as well behaved. Ugh.

Well anyway, gifts are wrapped and house is mostly clean. I've decided I will bake for my boys after Christmas. Really, as much as I love to bake, I don't want to this year. My jeans are already a bit snug, and I don't have much will power!

Denise....thumbs up to your helpers! :)
TerryB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Nicole N » Dec 24th, '14, 8:33 am

Just stopping in to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!! I hope you have a chance to relax and enjoy the holiday with those you love!
Nicole N
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram

Postby JanetS » Dec 24th, '14, 11:18 am

Merry Christmas Eve!

Marie, that is one great photo of your beautiful kids! Congratulations on the Canvas Corps design team! Hope you feel better. :)
Denise, I'm so glad the boys will help you. Feel better soon! :)
SoapHOUSEmama, Good luck with husband and recovery. Sounds like he really damaged his heel and it might take a while. Hope you can celebrate the holiday at home? Or maybe Christmas 2014 photos at the hospital? :( :)
AnnaB, remember Christmas excitement as a child? I thought I was going to pop! I don't know if there is a way to get the kids to calm down. Not very helpful, I know. Glad you don't have a long way to drive for your celebration. :)
Gem66, so glad you kept up and you're ready. :)
Ami, hope things are calmer now. :)
TerryB, I agree no dogs unless they can celebrate at a dog hotel. Have a great celebration! :)
JanetS
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Return to The Day to Day Talk