laundry machine trouble...

A place to talk about all things non-scrapbooking related.

laundry machine trouble...

Postby AnnaB » Sep 7th, '14, 8:51 am

We had to get a new laundry machine a little more than 3 years ago (it feels more like 6 months ago though...) and yesterday it broke down. :( After a lot of hesitation we decided to go for a quite "good" one 3 years ago and they were talking about how their products last 20 years... Still, I don't think they actually promise anything... and I don't think they have to help us out at all (according to the laws etc), since it's been more than 3 years. Grrr... I'm going to call them tomorrow and tell them that I think it's crap that something that expensive only lasts 3 years!

Hopefully it's something that is possible to repair, and hopefully #2 it's not too expensive... It does make me worried since we don't have all that much money right now with me studying instead of working. :(

We're entering panic mood pretty soon, if we don't get it fixed. With three kids we need our laundry machine! :) Hopefully we can talk to our neighbours, if it takes too long.

Don't you just hate when things like laundry machines, dishwashers, the fridge, oven etc... give up? They're just supposed to work!
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Re: laundry machine trouble...

Postby jessi lute » Sep 7th, '14, 10:02 am

ugh anna!
i hope you get your washing machine issues resolved fast!!
jessi lute
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby runzalot81 » Sep 7th, '14, 11:13 am

I would contact the manufacturer directly.

Our refrigerator, dishwasher, water heater, and one of our A/Cs have all been kickin' since 1987. You can get a home owner's warranty (shop around for this) that covers appliances.

About 7 years ago, I bought a sofa that started falling apart in 4 months. I complained and was finally put in touch with the manufacturer and they replaced some parts. It still went from bad to worse. Finally, this summer we shopped around for a new one. I did a Google search on how to shop for sofas, printed out a helpful page and asked all the questions. I paid an additional $100 to cover repairs and stains for the life of the sofa. We also made sure it was made in the USA so we wouldn't have to wait for Mongolia to manufacture and ship new parts.
runzalot81
Daisy
Daisy

Postby AnnaB » Sep 7th, '14, 3:18 pm

Thank you both! I'll contact the store where we bought it tomorrow morning and if they won't help I'll try the manufacturer too.
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Patricia » Sep 8th, '14, 6:08 pm

That is way too soon for it to go out. I hope you get this resolved without expense Anna.
Patricia
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Sep 8th, '14, 6:28 pm

boo.
hope it gets settled Anna!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby alissa » Sep 8th, '14, 8:38 pm

that's no fun! when you finally decide to buy something expensive that's supposed to last a long time and something like this happens. BOO! I hope your phone calls went well and you'll be back in business soon.
alissa
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby AnnaB » Sep 9th, '14, 2:02 am

We probably have to pay for the repair, but hopefully it won't be too expensive. The "repair man" hopefully shows up on Thursday and then we'll know for sure. *patiently waiting* ::)
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Sep 9th, '14, 4:48 am

Anna, I feel for you.
Expense and all that laundry that amounts up far too quickly :( :(
I hope you get it repaired and that it doesn't cost too much.

We have kitchen insurance.
It's $25 a month and covers 5 items of your choice.
Seeing that our ranger cooker and the America style fridget freezer cost over $1600 I would not be in a place to replace them if they broke and they are now 12yrs old.
Our fridge did break down last summer and the repairs were almost as much as the cost of a new once but the insurance fixed the part. Hda we not have had the insurnace we'd have needed to buy a new one.
So relieved.

Good luck.
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby AnnaB » Sep 9th, '14, 5:27 am

Oh, I remember that you've mentioned that insurance before Lisa! I find insurances difficult. When you need them, they are certainly fabulous! But you always have to assess the cost vs the risk and it's so difficult sometimes. I know many people are "over insured" and pay way too much for their insurances. Yours sounds like a good one, though! (Not at all trying to criticize you, but you hopefully understand that! :D )
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Return to The Day to Day Talk