do you run in runs?

A place to talk about all things non-scrapbooking related.

do you run in runs?

Postby jessi lute » Aug 10th, '14, 11:29 am

i love running...i don't do it as often as i should or want, but i really enjoy the process.
in elementary, middle and high school i always was part of the cross country team...i loved it!
love running outside with beautiful views...cannot stand running on a treadmill.

last year i participated in my first 6km run...the mud hero and had a blast.
this year i did a 5km colour run and the 6km mud hero (complete yesterday!) again...

the fun runs are great for motivation and setting goals and, of course, they are fun!

since the mud runs are straight runs and have obstacles to overcome along the way, i am stiff and sore today! but have another great memory that i cannot wait to scrapbook!
this is after my husband and friends and i (in the grey & black check buff on my head) completed the run. my girlfriend who ran it with it with us conquered some major fears of height with 3 obstacles...super proud of her

does anyone else participate in fun runs or runs at at all??
Attachments
10561629_10154549871080294_6523936857039947295_n.jpg
1525535_10154549870785294_5992105051680917409_n.jpg
jessi lute
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Re: do you run in runs?

Postby DeniseM » Aug 10th, '14, 12:57 pm

Those are awesome photos Jessi! You are pretty even covered in mud!

I do not run in runs. My joints are terrible these days and running is not in my exercise routine but it looks like a lot of fun. My grand daughters just did the color run, can't remember what it was called. They loved it!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AnnaB » Aug 10th, '14, 3:32 pm

Wow, looks like lots of fun! :D I saw photos from a colour run earlier this year and it looked crazy and fun too. I have only been running (jogging slowly) for 2 months so far and no, I have never taken part in any runs at all. Not even as a kid. I'd love to one day... we'll see what happens... :)
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby TerryB » Aug 10th, '14, 6:12 pm

Not a runner but wanted to say congrats. I think completing those runs is a big accomplishment!
TerryB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby runzalot81 » Aug 10th, '14, 11:44 pm

My screen name kinda gives me away sooooo... :)

I've been running for 11 years. I've done a handful of 5Ks, 10Ks, and 3 half marathons. I also lift heavy weights.

Love your pictures! Looks like a good time ;D
runzalot81
Daisy
Daisy

Postby Margrethe » Aug 11th, '14, 2:00 am

I started running last week. It's horrible!

Doing it as part of the whole "I'm turning 30 next year and am having a 1/3rd life-crisis". Got a Jawbone Up24 two weeks ago and decided to put it to good use. switched from Lifesum to My Fitness Pal for meal tracking and started a Runkeeper account, doing a "couch to 5k"-regimen... :/
Margrethe
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AnnaB » Aug 11th, '14, 2:11 am

You can do it Margrethe! I was almost dead after 60s of running when I started the "couch to 5k" in the beginning of June and last week I ran 5k for the first time! It took me a little longer than the scheduled 8 weeks, but I did it! You will soon see that you are improving and it feels so good!
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Margrethe » Aug 11th, '14, 2:17 am

Thanks, Anna! I had a vast improvement only today - "ran" 2.4k last Tuesday and had longer periods of walking during that "run". Did intervals on Friday + 45 minutes walk (part of the regimen) and a long walk yesterday (10k, not part of the regimen) and today when doing the same 2.4k run, I could run longer periods and not walk as much. I didn't finish, though, due to heavy rain. Was soaked when I came back home and missed 450m on the 2.4, but still... Next training session is on Wednesday, 20 minutes interval (60 seconds hard running, 90 seconds slow jog, but knowing myself, I will need those 90 secs to catch my breath! ;) )

Read that you completed the 5k! You should be very happy with yourself! :D
Margrethe
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AnnaB » Aug 11th, '14, 3:23 am

Sounds like the regimen you're following is tougher than what I did! I never did much of the "hard running" but have been going quite slowly all the way... :) I probably should do more intervals with with higher speed in order to get further and to be able to run faster!
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Margrethe » Aug 11th, '14, 7:06 am

My intervals that are supposed to be "fast" isn't really - I just don't have the stamina to do so just yet. So far I've walked when I'm supposed to be going "slow" and jogged when supposed to be going "fast" during interval training. Are you using Runkeeper? Really liking the app so far.
Margrethe
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Sherry C » Aug 11th, '14, 9:06 am

I've completed 3 half-marathons and that's good enough for me. I still run short distances but my days of long runs are over - my old hips can't handle it. :D

Love seeing your Mud Run pics!
Sherry C
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby jessi lute » Aug 11th, '14, 11:20 am

margarethe - that's awesome....running is a head game, and a lot of times one has to give oneself a good talking to to get out and do it...it'll get easier :) good luck!!

sherry - i love running but 1/2 marathons intimidate me a bit, so not sure i will ever give those a go...but maybe! lol
jessi lute
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Return to The Day to Day Talk