Your Weekend Review

A place to talk about all things non-scrapbooking related.

Your Weekend Review

Postby Funky Fairy » May 18th, '14, 1:28 pm

How was your weekend?
Tell us all about it.

Our kids were picked up at 4pm on Friday by their Dad.
I never used to like them going there, but lately they have both been difficult in their own ways and I was so ready for a break.
I worked for an hour and then dropped off an order to a client on the way to the pub :)
Ade disappeared and arrived just before we had to leave with a bunch of peonies.
(for me, not my client)

We wandered to the pub and had a steak dinner which I have to say was on US standards. We were really impressed. We had a really nice evening.

Saturday the two of us went into town for shopping and coffee. I wanted to get some bits for Hollie's birthday as she wasn't with us. I stopped at the bank first to pay in the cash that I was paid the day before.
Whilst I was there I asked for new debit cards to be ordered for the bank accounts that we use when we are in the US. It's the onl time that we really use them. It's an ecellent exchange rate and no charges when used abroad. I haven't used the cards since I was last in the States.
All done and we went shopping.
The first store, I bought my Mum a birthday prezzie. By the this time we were the other end of the mall.
My debit card was declined. I instantly knew what had happened. The stupid woman in the bank had made a mistake. All the way back to the bank to find out that yes, she'd ordered me a new card for my everyday bank account which meant I could use the account until my new card comes in 7-10 working days.
I'm so annoyed.
I don't have any other account, I use it for everything. I have savings accounts but you don't get debit cards with them. So I can't shop, withdraw money, buy online etc...
It means I can't top up the kids accounts at school for snack money etc...
Ade's sorted me out, but I was still annoyed.

Anyway, we had a nice day in town, had noodles for lunch and then I came back and worked in teh afternoon, we took the dog for a walk and kids were home at 7pm.
Today we gardened out the front in the sun. It looks so much better. I planted up all the pots and tidies the flower beds.
I worked this afternoon. We did a mini bbq tonight and I'm about to iron school uniforms now and get lunch boxes ready :(

It's been a really nice weekend.
I hope your's has been too.
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Re: Your Weekend Review

Postby nittygrittyjody » May 18th, '14, 9:40 pm

I can't even imagine a weekend without kids around, Lisa. I know it's not ideal for you guys, but like you said, it is sort of a nice break for just a bit. Chip and I have never been home without kids ever since our first was born. I am sure it would feel strangely quiet. But I could handle that for a day or two! :)

So glad Ade fixed your money card out for now. And he brought you flowers! We did get outside and played with some new neighbor kids this weekend. Next weekend the club pool opens, so hopefully that means fun and sun ahead of us!

Crew finishes preschool this week. It has gone by quickly and yet I am ready for school to be over. It's a lot more work to juggle mornings, homework, music lessons, lunches, after school stuff and just all of it. Only a few more weeks to go!

I did enter a card in the Paper Crafts Gallery Idol auditions. I've never submitted to them before, but this kind of sounded fun! Now I have a card ready to go in the mail too. I love happy mail. :)

I do know Christine had a pretty great weekend too! Maybe she will chime in when she gets a chance too! So happy for her!
nittygrittyjody
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AnnaB » May 19th, '14, 2:37 am

It sounds like you had such a nice weekend Lisa! (Sorry about the card, how frustrating.)

Jody, we haven't had much time on our own either, since Linus was born 11 years ago. We mostly get Johan's Mom to babysit when something special is happening, like once a year or so... and a weekend alone at home would be something totally different. I have had weekends alone, all by myself, but not together with J.

I wrote a little about our weekend in the chat thread. We enjoyed the fabulous summer weather and we celebrated Tuva's birthday on Saturday. Luckily her fever took a break and disappeared for her birthday. She enjoyed her presents and had a fun day, I believe. :) She is at home with me today and I think her red spots may be Impetigo. It's not that bad though, and I'm really hoping that it won't take too long before it goes away (and that no one else gets it). I called the Dr but they had such a busy schedule today and since she's doing pretty ok we'll wait until tomorrow and see if someone should take a look at her.

Linus and Alva never had Impetigo, so this is new to us. But apparently several kids at her daycare place have it right now. :P

Well, the best things about the weekend was Tuva's joy when opening her presents, the wonderful weather, the yummy cake and the garden work we managed to get done.
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AnnaB » May 19th, '14, 2:39 am

And yes, so happy about Christine's wonderful news! :)
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » May 19th, '14, 3:13 am

It's great news isn't it? :) :)

Jody, it's harder to have a quiet house I guess the more kids you have.
It's quite often now that we do. With them getting older and them going to friends and sleepovers. I always try and plan so they have friends here at the same time and go off to friends at the same time too.
The situation here isn't idea with their Dad though and like I said I've never liked them going there and we've always had problems and still do.
He set Louis up on facebook recently which I was so angry about. I just don't agree with it at such a young age and then I'm always made to look like the bad one :(

Glad you had a good weekend Anna.
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby LauraC » May 19th, '14, 10:34 am

It is great news for Christine! Wonder if she will be moving 'cross country?

Hectic Hectic weekend. East Lansing Art Fair, out to dinner and to hear Hubby's band play afterwards.

First Communion Sunday and then tackled some yard work and then onto a College Graduation Open House. I'm exhausted from my weekend 8)
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Nicole N » May 19th, '14, 11:58 am

Very exciting new for Christine !

I had a busy weekend too - no gardening for me as I have a major black thumb. Lol

I had a short deadline for a couple classes I am teaching at an event in the fall so I had to get that accomplished and then my June kits arrived ! I couldn't help but to dive in and get creating with them.

Last night we went to my sisters place for a BBQ to celebrate my nieces birthday. Had some
Wine and got to relax :) today is a holiday in Canada, so no work today and we are planning to take the kids to the movies before supper.
Nicole N
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram

Postby gudrun » May 19th, '14, 3:40 pm

Here in norway it has been our national day this weekend, 17th of may. as our constitution turned 200 years this year it was an even greater celebration. Weather was good and the weekend was excellent. :-)
gudrun
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Patricia » May 19th, '14, 5:16 pm

Lisa that is so frustrating! I would have been annoyed too. I have a sister near me but with her working it really has just been me and Dennis. Can count on one hand since 2009 just us two doing something on our own without Emma. So we tag team a lot for relief.

Friday was kindergarten graduation and I almost lost it a few times. Then a few hours in between and headed into New Orleans for stage rehearsal for recital. Then Saturday was recital. I volunteer to work backstage with Emma's class. It is always hectic with little ones, but Emma had three meltdowns. It was just an emotional weekend. Sunday we stayed home but ran errands. Stayed up late to scrap. It is summer break now and Dennis is out of town. I will be ready to tag team!
Patricia
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » May 19th, '14, 10:26 pm

We were gone all weekend in Whitefish for the State Lacrosse Championship. It was gorgeous weather and sort of nice to not be able to do anything but relax and visit, watch games, eat out. No laundry, cleaning, emails, grocery shopping or cooking. It was all waiting for me when we returned but fun anyway!
Jameson"s team the Hellgate Knights won State!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » May 20th, '14, 2:58 am

That's so cool Denise.
The pics on IG looked so cool and those mountains in the distance...wow.
Bill looked so proud :)

What an emotional weekend for you Patricia.
I can't believe it's Summer break for you now.
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Return to The Day to Day Talk