A little update

A place to talk about all things non-scrapbooking related.

A little update

Postby Margrethe » Apr 6th, '14, 2:01 pm

Hello, all...

Been so long since I've done anything but read this board, so I hope you haven't forgotten me completely?

Just wanted to stop by and let you know that I still read most of what's going on and try to keep up with you all.

As you've probably gathered, I don't really scrapbook anymore, but I do have a new layout up as a guest designer this week.

Also, I was just offered a permanent position at the high school I currently work at - I accepted, of course. Very honored to be offered this position, as I told a colleague; "I'm not even 30, I have 3 years of teaching experience and I only finished my teacher training last summer!".

Hope you're all doing well :)
Margrethe
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Re: A little update

Postby DeniseM » Apr 6th, '14, 2:58 pm

Margrethe, I have missed you here and missed seeing your scrapbooking layouts. I will be checking out your guest post and congrats on the new position! That is wonderful. Hope you might get back into scrapping?
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Apr 6th, '14, 3:14 pm

It's so lovely to see you here and catch up with what you have been up to.
You are missed!
I'm sad to here that you aren't scrapbooking right now but happy to hear about your new teaching position.

Wishing you lots of luck and hope you keep in contact :)
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby StephanieEloise » Apr 6th, '14, 5:22 pm

Miss you lots! I haven't been doing too much lately, but there are seasons, and I hope you'll be back to it. Thanks for popping in to say hi!
StephanieEloise
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby SuzMannecke » Apr 6th, '14, 7:15 pm

Margrethe!?
I am so happy you stopped in to say hello as I was missing your absence here on the boards and wondering to myself if you hadn't found other creative outlets. Congratulations on the new job! Excited to read more here about it in the coming weeks and months ahead! Congrats on guesting too. :)
SuzMannecke
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby LauraC » Apr 7th, '14, 5:52 am

I see your posts on Instagram but of course I can't read what you are up to but the pictures have been FUN!

Miss you too! I hope you get back to scrapping soon. Your work/creations are awesome!
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AnnaB » Apr 7th, '14, 7:19 am

It's so good to see you here Margrethe! I've missed you! Huge congrats on the job position! I wasn't sure when I saw the photo of the contract if you were heading to a new school or not but now I remember that your position wasn't permanent at first.

Do you miss scrapping? I do miss seeing your layouts!
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Patricia » Apr 7th, '14, 7:33 am

Hi Magrethe! I wasn't here when you were but still follow you on IG. I was excited to see you part of the community here. Sad to hear about scrapbooking but so excited for your guesting and especially the job! Congrats!!

Hope you keep popping in!
Patricia
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby gem66 » Apr 7th, '14, 8:21 am

Congrats Margarethe!
gem66
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby mlepitts » Apr 7th, '14, 11:01 am

That layout is gorgeous Margrethe, I love the color combinations. I am happy for you and your new full time position, that is wonderful news! I know you'll figure out a way to fit more creating time in too, it's part of who you are :)
mlepitts
Design Team
Design Team

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby Margrethe » Apr 7th, '14, 2:43 pm

Oh, girls! Your replies make me so happy! I too hope I get back to scrapbooking soon, but as for now, work is taking up so much time... And next year I'll follow my second years into their final year of high school and will teach final year Norwegian, a tough course with lots of assessments (not to write too much about it, but in Norwegian high schools, you get three grades in Norwegian, two in the two written forms and one in oral Norwegian. If you're a dork, like me, here's the subject curriculum for all 13 years of schooling...)

And wow! It makes me feel very welcome back to see you all so excited for me. It really means a lot - hope to be back soon :)
Margrethe
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby TerryB » Apr 7th, '14, 3:03 pm

Big congrats on your new job. :)
TerryB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Margrethe » Apr 8th, '14, 3:53 pm

AnnaB wrote:It's so good to see you here Margrethe! I've missed you! Huge congrats on the job position! I wasn't sure when I saw the photo of the contract if you were heading to a new school or not but now I remember that your position wasn't permanent at first.

Oh, and - this is a job I can keep for life. Really. There are teachers there who will be leaving now (as they're above the retirement age, have to leave at 70), who have been there since they left grad school. I've named my school "The final destination" ;)

When I applied last spring, there were more than 150 applicants, for teaching Norwegian, which is considered them hardest (in terms of working hours, grading assignments and such) of the subjects.
Margrethe
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Sherry C » Apr 8th, '14, 5:25 pm

Congratulations on your job! Sad to hear you're not scrapping, but that can change. ;)
Sherry C
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AshleyCalder » Apr 9th, '14, 8:42 pm

I have missed seeing you here, too! Congratulations on your new job, that is wonderful news. I love hearing about how schooling is performed in other countries, it is so interesting.
That is an awesome page!!!
AshleyCalder
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby Margrethe » Apr 10th, '14, 1:57 pm

I agree, Ashley - I enjoy reading other countries' curriculums and such myself and compare the age vs skill levels, etc. A bit geeky, I know ;)

Just wanted to pop by and say that I talked with my head of department today (Annual accomplishment summary & development review, is that the correct term?) and she was so very pleased with how I've performed since I started last August. We went through my students' evaluation of me, I expressed what I see as both my strengths and areas for further development, we talked about classroom management, what I'll be teaching next year, etc, and when we got to her concrete feedback to me, she started off by saying that hiring me full time in a permanent position really said it all, and I guess it does ;)

Feels like I'm bragging big time here, but I hope you survive it - just had a really awesome day today :)
Margrethe
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AshleyCalder » Apr 10th, '14, 8:24 pm

That IS an awesome day! Yay! :) It is so nice to work hard at something you love and to be recognized and feel appreciated by it. Congratulations. :)
AshleyCalder
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby Sharmaine » Apr 10th, '14, 10:41 pm

Hi Hi!!
Been thinking of you too!!!
Well done on the new job and the awesome feedback!!! It's fabulous to get that!
So good to see you here :)
Sharmaine
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby jjflair » Apr 11th, '14, 10:15 am

Margrethe, Congratulations!!!! I know you have worked soooo hard and this position is well-deserved!! Love that your review was so very positive and that the school is a place you would like to be your "final destination". ;)

Like LauraC said, I love following you on Instagram -- even if I can't read the captions most of the time, your pictures are super cool! I can see how you don't have much time for scrapbooking, but it must be a double-edged sword that you have all those photos and stories accumulating. Lol!

So glad you popped in to give the news!!
jjflair
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Return to The Day to Day Talk