It's the weekend

A place to talk about all things non-scrapbooking related.

It's the weekend

Postby Funky Fairy » Jul 13th, '13, 4:14 am

Whar's in store for you?

We are on a heatwave in England :) :) :) :)
It's been high 80's all week.

It's been a tough week in our house and looking forward to a relaxing weekend.
We all got up and were in the family room just after 8am. I made lattes and hot chocolates and we caught up with The Big Bang Theory. A nice way to start the weekend.

It's work now for me all day and evening.
Louis is going to his Dad's at 1pm and is staying over and coming home first thing.
Hollie is going to a friends this afternoon for a sleepover and we are collecting her around 11am tomorrow.

Tomorrow we are meeting with friends in Guildford. (a nice town near us)
We are having lunch and going to watch Despicable Me 2.
I plan to work before and after too.

I hope you have a fun time whatever you are doing.
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Re: It's the weekend

Postby Sherry C » Jul 13th, '13, 6:28 am

Enjoy your hot, busy weekend, Lisa!

Not much going on here this weekend. Probably just a mix of chores and relaxation. ;D
Sherry C
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby TerryB » Jul 13th, '13, 8:04 am

Not much going on here either. My boys are reffing soccer games this morning, then are headed to a skate jam. DH and I might do a little furniture shopping. We need a new entertainment center, and have been looking on and off for a year! (ugh)
TerryB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby nittygrittyjody » Jul 13th, '13, 8:57 am

I am glad you get some free time, Lisa. I think you need it! Hopefully you will feel refreshed for this coming week.

Are you excited about the royal baby being born soon?! I was so into all the wedding coverage. I hope that William and Kate have a wonderful experience and get the room and space they need to just soak up this experience and time in their lives. I love babies! :D

Our weekend will be mellow too. This afternoon and tomorrow morning I get to make the house spotless again for an Open House our realtor is hosting. It is no easy task to do that with 8 people living in the house! But I am really needing/wanting the house to sell, so I do what I have to do. If we get lucky maybe there will be some interest this time around. I am tired of cleaning and then taking 6 kids somewhere just to kill time. My summer feels like a big waste so far, and aside from having my parents visit us this past week, we have nothing on our calendar. I wish there was something exciting planned. But just maybe there will be another move in our future. As much as I despise packing and moving, I am ready to do it all again.

I just might take a quick trip to the Farmer's Market to get something good to eat for lunch and dinner. Fresh produce is nearing its peak around here right now! I love that about summertime.
Have a good one, Daisies!
nittygrittyjody
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby pam » Jul 13th, '13, 12:19 pm

Lisa, so good that you get some down time.

Jody, keeping fingers crossed that the right person will come along and buy your house soon.

I'm in Sunriver for the weekend with my daughter and granddaughter. We're here for a duathlon race my daughter is doing tomorrow, but today we're playing. There is a huge water park here so we're headed there in a bit to spend the afternoon. Fun times for a girls' weekend.
pam
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AnnaB » Jul 13th, '13, 12:24 pm

Have a lovely time Pam! Sounds fun with the water park!

Oh Jody, I really hope you won't have to go on cleaning for Open houses much longer. I am amazed that you are able to make it! Hugs and I'm crossing my fingers for you!

Good luck with the shopping Terry!

Lisa, I hope you'll have a lovely weekend!

We've been to a lovely lake today. We live right by a large lake and we only have about 5 minutes to the nearest beach, but we drove a bit further today (about 20 minutes) to a really wonderful place in the woods. The water is nicer and it's just such a cute place, if places can be cute. :D

Tonight we're watching soccer on TV. Sweden plays agains Finland in the Womens European Championship. It's played here in Sweden and J is taking Alva and Linus to see the final on the 28th.
AnnaB
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby sug » Jul 13th, '13, 7:27 pm

I would love to share what is happening in my little town :) A little back story: In the 50's there was a movie called "The Blob" starring Steve McQueen - a kitchy sci-fi movie about a blob of something eating up a town and killing people. Some of it was shot in the town of Phoenixville - my town. There is a very famous (?) scene where everyone is in the movie theater and it starts oozing in, well they all run out screaming. That is our beautiful Colonial Theatre that is the center of our main street. They sponsor the blobfest every year, and it has gotten really big! My son got a ticket to go into the theater last night where they have a real piece of the movie blob brought in for the night, some of the people who were featured in it, contests, etc. then at 9:00 they all run out to the street screaming and reenact the scene. You have maybe never seen anything so funny - the street is jammed packed with spectators (even in the rain) and they leave a path
phoenixville.patch.com - check it out, there is video not long but funny. Then today they have a street fair with sci-fi memorabilia on sale and silly costume contests, a fire extinguisher parade spoiler: that is how Steve finally kills the blob. But the silliest thing of all is the tinfoil hat contest. I don't know how to get a picture on here of my son with his crazy tin foil hat, I guess I will have to scrap it and put it in the gallery :)
Su
sug
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Postby LauraC » Jul 14th, '13, 6:25 am

We are back! The week at Higgins Lake just FLIES by even though it was cool and rainy for the start. And low 70s until Thursday. Got some sunshine in, a little water time, boat cruise and lots of great friend time and relaxation. I'm off to work in a couple hours. Hard to believe family camp weekend is already next weekend.
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Tbnolan » Jul 14th, '13, 12:43 pm

I had a Scrap Retreat with a group of friends that call ourselves "Southern Scrappers". We have the best time when we get together; which is about every 3 months.

The best part about the weekend, is that I found and joined COCOA DAISY ;)

Stay Scrappy Y'all :)
Tonya
Tbnolan
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby LauraC » Jul 14th, '13, 1:12 pm

Welcome Tonya!
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Jeany » Jul 14th, '13, 2:00 pm

This weekend we have been digging in our backyard. We have a big project ongoing to make the hole backyard in one level so we "collecting" dirt from friends and neighbours. Now we are so lucky and got A LOT of dirt from a friend. The hole family is helping out and it´s hard work but it´s going to be fine when it´s ready, and I don´t need to go to the gym:) This is high priority right now so other things need to stay back a while, like scrapping. I hope I got some time to scrap and get ahead and things like that before the holiday is over. I have big plans to make changes in my blog, planning the style for the kitchen and a lot of other projects ongoing in our home and in my head:) but right now it´s just dirt and soared muscles in my head:)
My blog
/Jeanette
Jeany
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Return to The Day to Day Talk