New site gallery: give us your input

Find out what's the latest at Cocoa Daisy!

New site gallery: give us your input

Postby kissy » Jun 4th, '14, 11:16 am

Our site designer/web guru/maintenance man, Alan is putting the finishing touches on our new site and he would like to know what you would like to see changed/improved when it comes to the gallery. I've given him my list of changes but we thought it would be best to find out if there are things that you all find challenging when trying to use the gallery. I cannot guarantee that we can fix/address all of your concerns but we will certainly do our best to make it more user friendly :)
Christine
kissy
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Re: New site gallery: give us your input

Postby LauraC » Jun 4th, '14, 11:40 am

I have a horrible time getting my photos to upload. I usually have to take them to photobucket and reduce them. I would LOVE to be able to just load them here from my phone.

I have been an online forum user for over 10 years and this is the only site that I've ever had this much difficulty getting photos to load.

Also if you try to direct link a photo to the forum, it cuts off the right edge of the photo.

I don't know the technical terms for any of the above but I'm sure Alan knows what I'm talking about.

I really like Olivia's suggestion to be able to link a layout to a certain month's kit.
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Olivia » Jun 4th, '14, 1:01 pm

Mine is a forum/gallery issue, I think. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get a layout picture to post from the gallery to the message board and be the correct size. My pictures always end up having the right side cut off.This issue might just be an Olivia problem though & not a real problem... LOL
Olivia
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby LauraC » Jun 4th, '14, 1:22 pm

that's the problem I mentioned too Olivia - It's not just you - lol
LauraC
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby crystalyocum » Jun 4th, '14, 1:27 pm

I would definitely like to be able to search easier in the gallery. Like maybe a place to put in what kit it's created from and then search words or something. I am always wanting to search for certain products being used as well, so that may be nice (have a field to put in certain products that may be used that would be searchable).
Crystal :)
crystalyocum
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Sherry C » Jun 4th, '14, 2:11 pm

So excited for the changes, thanks for asking for input, Christine!

I would love the images to be larger in the gallery. In my opinion, the info below the images could be smaller, all the text takes away from the images.

If possible, please make it so that once an image is clicked on, we can scroll to the next image in the gallery (not the individuals gallery). It's hard to scroll through and leave comments because it doesn't stay in succession in the gallery.

I would love to be able to filter by type of project (scrapbook, PL, mini-album, etc.)

I would LOVE to be able to upload images to the gallery from my iPad. I don't always want to drag out my camera, resize, etc.

We appreciate everything you're doing to make this place even more fabulous!
Sherry C
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby jjflair » Jun 4th, '14, 2:37 pm

I'm sure the new site is going to be AWESOME!! (singing!)

I would like to be able to embed detail photos into my description dialog straight from my computer files instead of having to upload photos to a third party site (which I never do). I love when the design team does this. I am not very "gallery-savvy", so maybe it is not possible to do that. I'd rather not crowd my gallery with individual posts of details.

Does that even make sense? Disregard if I am talking crazy!
jjflair
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby support » Jun 4th, '14, 2:45 pm

I've made a change that should make the gallery easier to work with. I've increased the "maximum accepted size" for uploading images. You should no longer need to resize most photos before you upload them.

I'm still looking into some of the other issues you've mentioned, like the cropping of the right side of gallery photos when they're displayed in the forum.

Thank you for your feedback so far, and please don't hesitate to keep adding your thoughts and ideas.
support
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Anna Sigga » Jun 4th, '14, 2:55 pm

So looking forward to see the "new" site and I Ditto what the girls have said so far! :)
My blog - Scrappalicious
Anna Sigga
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest

Postby DeniseM » Jun 4th, '14, 5:58 pm

Definitely agree with what everyone has said. I think Sherry mentioned that it would be much easier to comment in the gallery if you could just go to the next layout in the gallery as opposed to the user's {whom you commented on}, next project. If that makes sense. I am used to navigating the gallery but there is a lot of back clicking to get to the next project. I think that has a lot to do with why people don't comment that much in the gallery. It is really time consuming. Excited about the larger size photos! :)
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Sherry C » Jun 4th, '14, 5:59 pm

Yay, we can upload from our iPads!!! Thank you! ;D
Sherry C
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby SuzMannecke » Jun 4th, '14, 6:14 pm

I would love to be able to filter to find members' layouts etc as well. I also would like the gallery to be shown by most recently added versus alphabetized by a member's user ID. It seems like I am always looking at layouts that are from only the people at the beginning of the alphabet from the get go and some of the layouts are several years old. I know I can click recent images, but it seems the default gallery is alphabetical. Maybe I am incorrect in this, but I really like searching the gallery by most recent or by filters like member, kit, layout, mini album, altered project, etc etc. Thanks for listening!
SuzMannecke
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby petunia670 » Jun 4th, '14, 8:07 pm

Awesome that you're making changes to the gallery. Thanks for asking for feedback! I too have a hard/impossible time uploading. So much so, that I only have 2 layouts in the gallery. There are many a challenge that I do that take me too long to upload & thus DON'T!

Heading over there to take a look see.
Karrie
petunia670
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Postby Another Ronda » Jun 4th, '14, 11:11 pm

Lots of great ideas here! Christine, if you could have your IT guy give us a like button I would love that!
Another Ronda
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Jeany » Jun 5th, '14, 3:57 am

The changes is exciting! Thanks for asking! I love everyones input to this! I agree with all of you!
My blog
/Jeanette
Jeany
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Jun 5th, '14, 6:03 am

I'm so excited about these changes.
I hope the images will be much clearer too.
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby jjflair » Jun 5th, '14, 10:38 am

A "like" button or "favorite" button would be great, such that a user can then look at a personally curated archive of things they like.

Also, if Alan could go back to using the Tom Selleck avatar... ;)
jjflair
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby support » Jun 6th, '14, 6:31 pm

Just FYI, the issue is corrected with the right side of directly linked gallery images being cut off in forum posts. I'm working on easier ways to navigate and search the gallery. Again, thanks for your input!
support
Administrator
Administrator

Postby support » Jun 10th, '14, 4:52 am

jjflair wrote:A "like" button or "favorite" button would be great, such that a user can then look at a personally curated archive of things they like.

Under each image in the gallery you will see a row of small icons. The second icon is a star with a plus sign next to it. Click that icon to add the layout to your favorites.

To go to your favorites page, use the "Galleries" drop down menu in the top navigation. If you're logged in, you should see the option to "manage my favorites" under "Upload to My Gallery".
Attachments
favorites.jpg
support
Administrator
Administrator

Postby support » Jun 10th, '14, 5:04 am

Olivia wrote:Mine is a forum/gallery issue, I think. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get a layout picture to post from the gallery to the message board and be the correct size. My pictures always end up having the right side cut off.This issue might just be an Olivia problem though & not a real problem... LOL

The issue you described is corrected now... images are reduced to fit.

Here's another way to add gallery images to forum posts. At the end of the row of icons above the editor that you use to compose your post, click the "Gallery" button. A pop-up window will open, and you can select and insert any image from your personal gallery.

The layout you included in your post will be shown as a small thumbnail, but users can click the image to go to the layout in the gallery and leave a comment.

To find and insert a gallery image that isn't in your personal gallery, after the pop-up window opens click the "Return to Advanced Search" link at the top of the window.
support
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to The News