CD Project Life kit

Find out what's the latest at Cocoa Daisy!

Re: CD Project Life kit

Postby kissy » Jan 20th, '13, 12:57 pm

This is something I've taken into consideration and discussed with the DT a lot. You need to know that while this is a business for me, I have a hard time promoting something that I'm not doing myself, just to make money on it. What I do believe in is showing our customers how to stretch their dollar and give you the best value.

In discussions, I've learned I'm not the only one overwhelmed at the thought of something like Project Life. I've also learned that there are many of you who love and embrace the idea. I pride myself in listening to what the members of Cocoa Daisy are asking for, so here's a sneak at what I'm planning.

We want to show you how to do a PL type album, but with a Cocoa Daisy twist, and without having to go out and buy a lot of extra product. We want to show you ways we do this idea that fit into our lives, so you'll see lots of variations on the theme. For instance, I do my Instagram album every month gallery/search.php?user_id=242. Other members of the team will share their traditional PL approach. Still others will share their unique take on the idea.

We will be teaming up with an amazing manufacturer starting in April to bring you exclusive products every month to help you in your quest to document the every day, whether that is in a Project Life type album, an Instagram mini, an Art Journal or traditional layouts. We are incredibly excited about what this partnership will bring.

And yes, we will be bringing you a PL add on. More details will be shortcoming.
Christine
kissy
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Jan 20th, '13, 1:06 pm

Christine, I am thrilled by your approach to this. It is so honest and straight forward.

I think PL is something that is obviously very popular but my thoughts were similar to yours on it. Why do something because it's a fad unless you really enjoy it? Why put more stress on yourself? I really like the idea of documenting every day life but I am also very busy living every day life.

At the moment I am formulating an idea about how to approach PL in a way that will work for me. I will share when I have it figured out! :)

So excited about the new things coming up!
DeniseM
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby KarenP » Jan 20th, '13, 2:34 pm

I love, love that thought process Christine! While I probably wouldn't subscribe to a monthly PL kit (because i still like the "regular kit" and I like to mix/match things/kit leftovers) I would occassionally pick one up (if that was a possibility) but I'm VERY intrigued by the CD spin /notion and I LOVE your IG mini you've been doing - so cool...looking forward to what you have up your sleeve ( of your CD tshirt ;) )
Karen
KarenP
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Kelly in Canada » Jan 20th, '13, 8:07 pm

i think it is stellar that you are not jumping on the pl bandwagon just in order to throw another kit out there and i love a more 'individualized' approach to project life. i find that very appealing because with much of the product that is available, there is a sort of homogenized look to pl that is not really appealing (to me!). so, anyway, i guess this is a long way of saying i think i really like your approach and i cannot wait to see where you go with it.
Kelly in Canada
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby boymom » Jan 20th, '13, 9:22 pm

i would definitely be interested in a PL kit! all PL supplies work well with regular scrapbooking too, so it would be a win/win for me! :)
boymom
Daisy
Daisy

Postby alizadeutsch » Jan 20th, '13, 11:06 pm

I love your individualized and honest approach, Chrisitine. It sounds more similar to what I am trying, and i'm excited to see what you guys share.
I am trying my own version of PL this year, with total permission to give up in the middle or skip weeks at a time. I think if I had to make weekly 12x12 PL pages, It would take all my creative time, and I wouldn't do any other scrapbooking, and that it not ok with me. But I do love the idea of taking more pictures and documenting things that don't necessarily make it into layouts. So, I've been working with a small 6x8 album, with pocket page protectors, and seeing where it takes me. I do have some pages, that I guess I should get around to sharing. They are not particularly pretty, but I'm focusing on the technicalities right now more than aesthetics.
alizadeutsch
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby northcarmen » Jan 21st, '13, 12:35 am

So very intrigued and excited to see what you are planning, Christine -- thank you! :)

Carmen.
northcarmen
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby ajmcgarvey » Jan 22nd, '13, 10:33 am

Sounds fantastic!

I have to add that whatever you choose to do, be it PL, mini albums, 12x12 pages, etc MUST WORK FOR YOU. I have started PL this year and I'm SO VERY HAPPY. Like, it's so fun -- because I'm doing it MY way. (My way includes my stash and 1 page per week + other ideas)

I think an add-on is genius -- it doesn't force the issue, it just makes it an option. And I must say, I think it's what people need at this point.
ajmcgarvey
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby iskawire » Jan 24th, '13, 1:21 pm

I am glad that CD is really thinking about what they will do. I do PL, but I find I often have enough supplies leftover from my CD kits to pull off my pages since I use a lot of pictures. I didn't even buy a core kit this year, just the pocket pages. I just need a few small embellishments, some journaling cards and my CD stamps and I am good to go. Thanks for not just adding for the sake of adding. I hope whatever you are cooking up, isn't too much product - I just see so much these days about growing stashes and purging and well, waste. I am trying to just use what I have and enjoy every inch of my kits - which are so amazing!
Iska Wire
Houston, TX
iskawire
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby northcarmen » Jan 28th, '13, 5:07 pm

Is the "Starring Role" add-on for February the first Project Life kit?

Carmen.
northcarmen
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby kissy » Jan 28th, '13, 5:20 pm

northcarmen wrote:Is the "Starring Role" add-on for February the first Project Life kit?

Carmen.

Carmen it's not our first "official" Project Life add on - but it works perfectly for PL :)
Christine
kissy
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby MandiePierce » Jan 28th, '13, 5:22 pm

Just thought I'd add... I think all of the kits this month worked well for PL! :)
MandiePierce
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby northcarmen » Jan 28th, '13, 7:22 pm

Argghh... I want to re-subscribe SO badly!!! I really like the looks of this month's kit and add-ons, especially "Starring Role"....

Carmen.
northcarmen
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby Marti » Jan 30th, '13, 1:39 pm

Christine- I love your thought process on this. I think offering a "PL type" of add-on is a great idea. I love something that would compliment the main kit. 2012 was the first year that I actually completed a PL album and while I started out with one of the Becky Higgins' core kits (a gift), I ended up using my kits. Perfect. Looking forward to this!
MARTI :)
Marti
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby jediannie » Feb 14th, '13, 3:56 pm

I definitely like this! I like the mix of 3x4 & 4x6 cards & sometimes 4x4 (like someone else said), PL stamps would be awesome as would digital cut files (.svg format would be awesome), a mix of patterned paper & cardstock or maybe a 6x6 pad of paper. Flatter embellishments would be better, but I'm not opposed to bumpy ones. ;)
jediannie
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Previous

Return to The News