CD Project Life kit

Find out what's the latest at Cocoa Daisy!

CD Project Life kit

Postby kissy » Dec 27th, '12, 3:16 pm

We realize that a lot of you are interested in Project Life and would like Cocoa Daisy to offer a Project Life kit. We are seriously considering starting a Project Life type of subscription/kit. So let us know, what would you like to see in a PL kit? What type of exclusives and pocket sizes are you looking for? What size album do you like to use for your PL? Thanks for letting us know what you would like :)
Christine
kissy
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Re: CD Project Life kit

Postby squartey » Dec 27th, '12, 5:20 pm

Oh no! On the one hand I would LOVE a CD Project Life kit... especially with PL style stamps! On the other hand, I do PL in 8.5x11, so my card size needs are different. That said, I can cut down cards without too much of an issue. But, here are a few things I would like to see:

PL stamps (mostly because I love CD stamps!)
digital die cut files
alterable printables
journalling cards WITHOUT rounded corners (easy to round, impossible to unround)
emphasis on flat embellishments
6x6 sheets of paper
colorful, smooth cardstock (for stamping and handwriting)
PL card and page sketches
squartey
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby MandiePierce » Dec 27th, '12, 8:52 pm

I think it would be awesome!!! I LOVE project life. 2013 will be my 3rd year. Most of the pockets I use are 3"x4" and 4"x6" (or 4"x3" & 6"x4") A few 4x4 here & there. I try to stick with flat products - papers, stamps, stickers, die cuts, washi tapes.... that kind of thing. (I found that, even with flat products, I still use 2 albums a year!)
MandiePierce
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby northcarmen » Dec 29th, '12, 12:21 am

You already have my wish list in this regard, but I just wanted to add a big thumbs up to the idea. :) :)

Carmen.
northcarmen
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby mable » Dec 29th, '12, 9:06 am

I love the idea and will be keeping a look out for you considering this :-).
I agree with all the other ideas of things that has already been suggested :-)
mable
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Asil » Dec 29th, '12, 9:16 am

Been thinking of doing a PL, but never gotten around to starting. So a newbie-kit, please! :D
Asil
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby kndr2tch » Dec 30th, '12, 2:41 pm

This would be a kit I'd be drawn too - I'm kind of picky when it come to this kind of stuff and I like small. I'm talking like SNAP! album size. I'd love to see a variety of pocket sleeves, lots of fun bitty stamps, washi tapes - sigh.... totally addicted and really have no need for more but am really great at hiding things from my hubby..shh don't tell LOL. Just kidding he's awesome and totally gets me ;D - journaling cards/tags - fun little badges and buttons, cool paperclips, stuff like that, and I'd be good to go. Honestly I could do without a ton of paper for a PL album. I'd like to be pushed to use stuff from my daily life along with scraps from my already HUGE stash of papers. If I had cool tidbits like the above listed coming on a monthly basis I think I'd be ready to rock n' roll. Plus I think it would be affordable for me then as well. I dunno - just my humble thoughts. :)
kndr2tch
Daisy
Daisy

Postby northcarmen » Dec 30th, '12, 3:20 pm

Just thought I'd add that I think a Project Life kit wouldn't need to be as paper heavy. I agree about not rounding the corners -- I can do that myself, as I have a punch that closely matches whatever the "official" PL cards are rounded with. Customized journaling cards would be a BIG draw for me from a kit, as would digital images (maybe even the same images you use for your lovely stamps?!). I use digital stuff partly because the only stamping-on-photos ink I have is black, and since a lot of my 4x6 pockets just have photos in them, digital allows me to have coloured "stamps" on those photos. I also find that I rarely use brads or anything that would "poke" other cards/page protectors in my PL albums, because there isn't the thickness of cardstock or chipboard on the other side to offer protection. Does that make any sense? -- I wasn't sure how to word it! Oh, and journaling pens -- I love fine point (.5 mm) black journaling pens, especially the Martha Stewart ones, and have a hard time finding them. I recently discovered the idea of washi tape as a "binding" to make fold-out journaling cards, so I'm using washi more. The narrower kinds are great.

Carmen.
northcarmen
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby squartey » Dec 30th, '12, 6:46 pm

Oooh I agree... maybe a kit A and kit B. I'd like the kit to focus on a lot of STUFF, rather than paper, since that's plentiful in my stash (and a single sheet of paper can make about a bajillion PL cards).
squartey
Daisy Petal
Daisy Petal

Postby PuddinTate » Dec 30th, '12, 8:28 pm

I started a PL last year and only got as far as March...I'm trying again this year and would LOVE to join a CD PL kit!!! I'm not picky because I have a 12 x 12 album ready to go...

When do we join?!?!
PuddinTate
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Postby Jeany » Jan 4th, '13, 4:19 pm

Love this idea! I´m off for project life 2013. I´m thinking of making LO:s in 12x12 or lettersize. I think of kit with a lot of extra papers in it and journalingcards together with thinner embellishments so they works in an thick album. I love to use stamps on my LO:s so some stamps working with the theme like "remeber this moment", "Take note", and so on
My blog
/Jeanette
Jeany
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby ajmcgarvey » Jan 4th, '13, 5:06 pm

I'm doing PL in 2013 and this has been something I've been thinking about. I'D LOVE more of the stamp offerings you have been doing -- they are GREAT for PL. I'd love 3x4 and 4x6 cards -- they are alterable in size and most universal. I'd LOVE to see letterpress every now and again, I love the look and something most people don't do. Double sided cards, perhaps?

I'm doing PL my own way, so that I can keep up with it -- but I'm very, very excited about it and my CD stamps are a big part of my stash. :)
ajmcgarvey
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby pam » Jan 4th, '13, 7:37 pm

ooooo, yes. A PL kit would be great. I'm doing it for the 2nd year using a 12X12 format. I agree on the 4X6, 3X4 sizes, journaling cards, stamps (digi/acrylic), labels, and other flat embellishments.
pam
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby ajmcgarvey » Jan 5th, '13, 10:33 pm

LOTS of labels!
ajmcgarvey
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby gem66 » Jan 5th, '13, 11:19 pm

Oh ladies, I am excited to see what you come up with!!!
gem66
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Olivia » Jan 6th, '13, 12:20 am

I don't think I need tons of paper or decorative elements, since I am trying very hard to use up my stash for those 3x4 and 4x6 pockets. I would like to see some journaling cards and od course STAMPS! I would love some different phrase stamps in different fonts that would apply to everyday life.
Olivia
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby northcarmen » Jan 10th, '13, 1:38 am

Olivia wrote:I don't think I need tons of paper or decorative elements, since I am trying very hard to use up my stash for those 3x4 and 4x6 pockets. I would like to see some journaling cards and od course STAMPS! I would love some different phrase stamps in different fonts that would apply to everyday life.

I was just thinking -- it would be nice to have some phrase stamps for those bits of everyday life that are not sunshine and roses, KWIM? Things like "Chaos Reigns" or "Um, Seriously?!" or "WHY?" or "Mine!" or "Must. Have. Caffeine. Now." (Can you tell I'm dealing with toddler/preschool drama right now?!) Or work-themed stuff -- and not just the "Is it Friday yet" or the retro office girl/typewriters, but the everyday office/retail/etc. stuff (not that I'm coming up with anything brilliant right now). Oh -- on another train of thought -- I'd love to have some text-printed washi tape. And any creative ways to add dates to photos or journaling cards is always welcome. I'd also really like a simple office-style date stamp with just the month, day, year. Mine only goes up to 2013, so I'm going to need a new one very soon. Oh, and I also really like those little chevron bags I've been seeing -- not sure who makes them, but they're cute, and they look like they would fit the 2.9"x4" pockets.

Carmen.
northcarmen
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby Marti » Jan 15th, '13, 8:36 am

Love the idea of a CD Project Life kit!
I do like the idea of 6X6 paper because it is nice to have the smaller scale, but it isn't a top need. I definitely would love having washi and labels, since those are an easy "flat" option- easy to add some decorative touches and both are easy to write on. Also, those cute little pack of die cuts, like the Pink Paislee ephemera packs. Small alpha stickers like the Basic Grey mono stickers, the Jillibean Soup alphabeans or the SNAP letter stickers and others that are that size. Would love to have little baggies, too- I love putting a photo on the outside of a bag and having the inside for memorabilia or extra photos. Glassine baggies are fun, too. I am also in the camp that prefers to not have rounded corners on journaling cards. Stamps, for sure! I also love the little page tabs that Evalicious has. So many fun options. ;)
MARTI :)
Marti
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby northcarmen » Jan 16th, '13, 11:17 pm

So -- I'm curious with the powers-that-be are thinking. Is this something you are leaning toward, leaning away from...?

Carmen.
northcarmen
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby PuddinTate » Jan 17th, '13, 6:53 am

Another CD lover waiting to hear the verdict on this one... ::)
PuddinTate
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Next

Return to The News